DS-1

tubezipper

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

keep the tone set low and these can sound killer. They also clean up quite nicely with the guitar volume.

I'm glad someone else has seen the pros of DS-1s. Its not a do all pedal but it has some uses and for 30 bucks and a couple DIY mods you can have a decent pedal. People get too caught up in boutique stuff...guilty as charged.

• Members

Np fellas, glad you liked the video. I've got a stock DS-1 myself, I don't use it much but when I do I keep the tone set pretty low. I'm more of an overdrive guy myself these days.

• Members

I really like mine. I have the Analogman modded ds-1. I keep the gain about 2 milimeters from being all the way turned down. I keep the volume at about 2:30ish, and I keep the tone low. I use it with my bridge pickup on my carvin h2t(all mahogony) only. I use it with a touch of delay because my tiny terror is a dry amp. I think it sounds awesome. I dont ever crank the gain or anything. It stays warm and tight that way. I think it sounds kind of Scott Henderson'ish. I'm thinking Steve Vai might use it the same. To boost his bridge pickup into his Legacy or whatever he uses? I don't know much about that guy's rig.

Archived