Bored: Help me update my board...

bt2513

• Members

I've grown complacent with my current setup and need something to spark some creativity..

OR

I have G.A.S. :facepalm:

So far, the SMMH, Wah, and FD2 is safe (I'm really digging the functionality/versatility of these. The FL-9 is prolly gonna stay too just b/c I don't care for modulation much and don't want to invest more in something more high end.

I want a really good sounding working board.. nothing too high end, nothing that I can't easily replace or resell.

Things I'm considering:

- Adding a Fuzz Factory or MXR Classic 108

- Replacing Rat with either Box of Rock or Box of Metal :evil:

- Adding Octron or Boss OC-2

- Picking up one of those Digitech EX-7s to play around with

- Edit: Also maybe throwing in an EQ at the end to coax some more versatility out of what I've got..

- All the above:eek::eek::confused:

nonamecf9.jpg

• Members

Get a FoxRox Zim. It's a dual drive pedal that has interchangeable "cards" that you can change out to get different types of distortion or overdrive. It has a lot of different features that a gigging musician will love. Here's a link to the website that sells them - www.foxroxelectronics.com and http://www.buyanalogman.com/product_p/foxrox%20zim.htm

• Members

yeah a pitch shifter or tremolo. that's what i would add at least. ps-5 and stereo pulsar.

and maybe some kind of wacky flanger/phaser. line 6 liquaflange or ehx flanger hoax maybe. you don't have much room there on that board though

and i'm not sure why you would want an oc-2 over and oc-3. if you just wanted the features of the oc-2, i think there are better options out there

• Members

Get a whammy.

That will add creativity.

This is why I'm considering the ex-7... I would love to ditch the Rat simply because of its size. I like the tone just fine but there are smaller options.

• Members

I love the Xotic line since I got my RC Booster. I might get either the AC Booster or the BB Preamp next. So those might be good options, as someone mentioned. I was just reading an article on Paul Gilbert in the recent GP magazine and he uses an AC Booster on his new album, fwiw.

I love the MXR Classic 108 Fuzz. Excellent choice. Very dynamic pedal, and with the buffer off, it gets very fuzzy, with it on, more controllable, works well with a wah. Gets very good Zeppelin and Hendrix tones. Awesome pedal, at a very good price.

Not sure about the other pedals you mentioned. I would like something too that is bit out of the ordinary, just not sure what though.

• Members

ALso, I would get rid of one of the digital delays, probably the boss. Maybe a Carbon Copy for some analog tones? I got both the CC and the SMMH, I'm actually finding I use the CC a fair amount more. Took me a while to warm up to it, now I really like it a lot.

• Members

yeah a pitch shifter or tremolo. that's what i would add at least. ps-5 and stereo pulsar.

and maybe some kind of wacky flanger/phaser. line 6 liquaflange or ehx flanger hoax maybe. you don't have much room there on that board though

and i'm not sure why you would want an oc-2 over and oc-3. if you just wanted the features of the oc-2, i think there are better options out there

Oops, didn't realize there was an OC-3.

Never really considered the PS-5 but I'll look into it...

Right now, I guess I'm considering:

- MXR Classic Fuzz

- Fuzz Factory

- PS-5

- Box of Rock or Box of Metal to replace Rat.

Archived