taking my plunge into the diy world

skitzy

• Members

If this is your first I would highly recomend going to the BYOC forum and reading some of the threads about build tips and soldering tips. I learned alot I didn't know about keeping the solder iron tinned and not applying the heat to the solder itself etc. Watched a few Youtube demos as well. I also bought a new variable temp Sears pencil solder iron instead of the old Sears solder gun I had, it's much easier to use. One of those cheap clip vice stands is also a big help. I had success with my first build, first try power on, mainly due to the review I did before I started. Good luck, you will find it can be an addicting hobby:wave:

• Members

Excellent score.

I am just getting into the DIY thing myself. I successfully built mine using just a breadboard, solder, rat shack parts, and some pots from smallbear. Still need an enclosure and foot switch. Getting ready to build a slightly more complicated one based on Gringo Loco's Seven circuit, which is really just a modded EH LPB into a modded FF circuit.

• Members

it's the stock fuzz face. i was going to play around with it and see how i can tweak the sound to get it to be the fuzz i want.

i started getting interested in electronics after i took my e&m class, so now i'm taking a coupe courses starting this semester.

and the classic 30 is exactly the amp i was looking for.

Archived