so i bought a GT-10, Lost In Translation

dZjupp

• Members

I have no clue what i'm doing with this thing.

i can't figure out how to assign pedals and exp pedals,

or how to clear out a patch so i can create something from scratch, i tried but it always seems to keep some default from the preset like a delay on channel B that i turned off before i hit write.

i think i've figured out that i can play in manual mode all the time and just use the bank switches to change patches, but i'm not sure.

any help ???? please??

By the way, what i've tried to hear so far from fumbling through the thing is grand, sounds amazing.

• Members

Read the manual.

I know it makes me sound like a prick, but that's the best thing to do. I didn't touch my GT5 for a year because I couldn't work it, read the manual and sort of got the basics, now I know what I'm doing, over time you pick it up more.

• Members

Read the manual.

I know it makes me sound like a prick, but that's the best thing to do. I didn't touch my GT5 for a year because I couldn't work it, read the manual and sort of got the basics, now I know what I'm doing, over time you pick it up more.

yeah i tried, i guess i just got tired after messing around with it for so long. i'm such a pedals to the amp kind of guy that it is taking me a while and i find myself wondering "will it do this" or "how is it set like that when i can't figure out how to get it set like that"

yeah i was tired.

sound wise, so far anyway, the reverb, delay, and uni vibe with a panner on the clean twin is one of the best guitar sounds i've ever heard. it was hilarious because i played that sound for my mother - in - law who hates electric guitar and she couldn't believe the sounds it was making and just how great they sounded.

• Members

How to assign pedals and expression pedals:
push the master/pedal FX button
Use the wheel to scroll over to "Assign"
Push the category/Enter button
set your "target" (the parameter you want to control) by using the down arrow to get to it then using the wheel to pick the parameter. You edit everything else using the wheel and the arrows. When finished, press "write" to save the changes.
You can play in manual mode all of the time if you want to. That's what's familiar to you. You will be shorting yourself of the unit's capabilities if you don't explore the regular mode thoroughly.

• Members

There's a site called bossgtcentral that has lots of tips and tricks for the GT series if you haven't checked that one yet I suggest you to.

Maybe you could try the EZ Tone, then save it to one of the user presets and tweak it from there.

• Members

There's a site called bossgtcentral that has lots of tips and tricks for the GT series if you haven't checked that one yet I suggest you to.

Maybe you could try the EZ Tone, then save it to one of the user presets and tweak it from there.

well i'm pretty beyond the ez tone, i don't even know why its in there.

i've been reading the manual some more and i think i can set it up how i want it.

my biggest thing is that i have an ev-5 plugged in and i want to control modulation rate but i think i found that in the manual, there just isn't clear instrucitons on how to liek there is everything else. seems like all the stupid obvious functions they take their sweet time with in the manual but not for the things i want to do with the unit.

but i also want a switch for each effect so i can turn what ever on or off. so that is why i was wanting manual mode and to still keep the bank/patch buttons active to switch between different setting. its alot for me to take in at once.

• Members

This is why I stay away from multifx.

well i've always shyed away from them, but it was getting harder to justify having $3000 worth of pedals and amps just laying around as i'm not in a gigging band right now and just really playing at church.

i think once i get it figured out and remember where everything is i will def love this unit even more.

how can i modify the pedal chain and add/remove efx in the chain?

i saw the screen at one point where you can move the order and all of that, but i forgot where its located

• Members

EZ tone is a great feature- it gets you "in the ballpark" of a new sound in about 30 seconds.

The GT-10 is not that hard to understand...as soon as you understand the Roland/Boss logic. Having used their gear for a LONGGGGGG time, including TD-7 drums, Boss SE-50's, Roland VG systems, an old MV-30, and many others I will tell you that their logic is all pretty much the same- you just have to get used to it.

Some hints for yOU:

TURN OFF THE FREAKING NOISE SUPRESSORS IN THE MASTER/PEDAL effects section and only turn them on if you NEED them.

Set the output up for the system you are using- if you are going into your combo amp, select "combo amp" if you are going into the board or your computer or head phones select "direct" etc...

Set the INPUT level correctly for your instrument- If you have hot pickups you might want to reign that in a few db's so as not to overdrive the input- experiment.

Check the global EQ and presence settings as well- they affect EVERYTHING.

Enjoy the incredible versatility and tones of the GT-10 unmatched by single pedals. :thu:

• Members

how can i modify the pedal chain and add/remove efx in the chain?

i saw the screen at one point where you can move the order and all of that, but i forgot where its located

Press Master/Pedal FX

Use the right arrow key to scroll over until you see "FX Chain"

hit enter

use the left/right arrow keys to select the effect and the wheel to move it

When done, press write twice.

I'm done here. Go to

and connect with the rest of the users.

• Members

thanks everyone, i've been on gtcentral all afternoon now.

i remember the gt-6 being very straightforward, and kind of "skipped" the gt-8, and now got this computer!

but really, i can tell the features were really well thought out and planend out, i pretty much know now how i will set the thing up for now.

let me say again that the sound just from the little editing i've done is really incredible. my favorties so far are the plate reverb, the univibe and the treble boost which made the thing scream.

wish i was at home playing it right now

Archived