Anybody run a clean boost all the time?

JimiRules

• Members

I've been trying out boost pedals all week, just for that purpose... to leave on all the time. I've tried the RC Booster, which I really like and I'm leaning towards that. Tried the AC... sounds good, but I little to compressed for taste... I also tried a Seymour Duncan pedal booster...

Does anyone know anything about the MXR MC-401 Boost? I have read some things about it (all good), but I can't find one in town to listen to.

Get the RC Booster, you won't regret it. While it doesn't have a lot of extra gain on its own, with the gain turned up some, it makes other pedals sound fuller, deeper, grittier. I run it before my OD pedals, although now with my BB Plus, I don't have much need for other pedals. Works great with your amps dirt too. Also, if you run it clean with the gain off, it is totally clean.

• Members

i keep my DOD biFet on all the time.

+1 I have a hard time turning my Dod Bi-Fet off....It's not really boosting anything volume-wise though because it's set to almost unity, I use it more like an enhancer.

• Members

I've only recently started using my DOD EQ as an a boost with only the lowest frequencies boosted a smidge. REALLY great in front of my Tiny Terror. I usually have some kind of dirt on, a Rat or FF or Muff and use the volume on my guitar constantly. I'd like to pick up a SCP at some point, maybe one of the new ones with the Fat/Clean switch. I used to think about getting one vs. the Poblano (wasn't that the 'stout' boost?) Having both in one box would be the ticket, I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I had a gig over the weekend and I tried running my bad bob in front of my amp and I left it on all the time. I really liked the results! I think I'm going to do this from now on. The only thing is that when I switched to my clean channel it wasn't totally clean. It had a little bit of grit to it, but I just had to watch how I picked and I was fine.

Archived