Fuzz with teh midz????

stanfic

• Members

ok, so I really want a fuzz, but I'm NOT a fan of the scooped mids at all. In fact, I really like my mids. But it seems like every fuzz that I've played sounds like a guitar noob playing through a crate fullstack with the treb and bass dimed, and the mids at 0. Even balanced mids would be better than nothing.

I guess I'm looking for a fat fuzz?? Just something that's super beefy, and super fuzzy.

Thanks,

- Stanfic

• Members

I keep thinking Lovetone Big Cheese... good luck finding one though. I haven't used that many effects so I'm sure there are others. You can listen to a bunch of fuzz demos in the pro guitar shop website. They've got a couple. Good luck!

• Members
I keep thinking Lovetone Big Cheese... good luck finding one though. I haven't used that many effects so I'm sure there are others. You can listen to a bunch of fuzz demos in the pro guitar shop website. They've got a couple. Good luck!

OLC Chunky Cheese. ;)

• Members
ok, so I really want a fuzz, but I'm NOT a fan of the scooped mids at all. In fact, I really like my mids. But it seems like every fuzz that I've played sounds like a guitar noob playing through a crate fullstack with the treb and bass dimed, and the mids at 0. Even balanced mids would be better than nothing.

I guess I'm looking for a fat fuzz?? Just something that's super beefy, and super fuzzy.

Thanks,

- Stanfic

here :poke: hm-index2.gif

• Members
Earthbound Supercollider has a mids knob
:idk:

I came really close to buying one of these. I'd kind of like to be able to play one with my set up first though. The audio clips I heard are all very " doom " Which leaves me wondering if the pedal is a one trick pony or if there is some versatility there.

• Members

I came really close to buying one of these. I'd kind of like to be able to play one with my set up first though. The audio clips I heard are all very " doom " Which leaves me wondering if the pedal is a one trick pony or if there is some versatility there.

I was actually surprised when I heard the clips of the Supercollider on the myspace page-- guitarist in my band uses it, and we hate doom! I plugged my cello into it and even got that to sound great by turning the mids way up, which other pedals I tried could not do as well. THEREFORE I think that it is very versatile and is also a good choice for the OP!!

Archived