i liked the pi one
i was really close to getting the chili peppers asterisk on my wrist
but i needed to spend the money on my car
but i'm kind of glad i didn't get it
i hear horror stories about wrist tats
people won't hire you cause they are hard to cover up
plus i don't know how that would look when i get old
but i still kind of want a tat
have you guys seen those blacklight tats?

• Members

I don't know, I have the side of my neck/behind my ear/front of throat tattooed, and I also have one on the back of my hand, the size of my palm but on the opposite side....

I do ok. I work in media for 3 very well respected environmental/sustainability magazines, and nobody cares a jot.

I'm sure there are a percentage of companies who wouldn't hire me, but there are plenty that will, and I figure I'd rather have them done and deal with it than spend my whole life wishing I had bigger balls.

• Members

I'd say roughly 9/10 of my friends have at least one tattoo. Many of them like myself have sleeves, chest pieces etc and generally always have a work in progress, opting for large scale multi session work rather than small one offs.

I guess it depends on the circles you mix in. I'd imagine jazz musicians are less likely to have a large number tattooed friends when compared to rock musicians. Each genre has an attached culture which influences it's players and listners.

If you're in a rockabilly crowd, you'd probably find that 9.999/10 of your pals have tattoos.

• Members

If I ever get a tattoo, I have an idea for a full arm or leg three piece scene about nuclear power/war. I'll doubt I'll ever get it, but at least I have an idea, I guess. I would never get a band tattoo - maybe something indirectly related to a band, or a theme a band uses a lot in songs, or what have you, but never a name/album name/song name/lyrics/direct album cover.

That guitar in the first post is miserable :freak:

• Members

I've got this on my right ankle -

PearlJamGuy.jpg

Don't dig Pearl Jam as much as I did when I got it done but it doesn't bother me. I went thru some bad {censored} around the time that Ten came out and I credit that album with helping me get thru it.

To me tats aren't as important as the story behind them. I've got 6 and don't regret any of them.

Archived