What happened to the Line 6 Echo Park?

Monstar

• Members

I was noticing mine was super noisy so I took it back to gc to try another one, and the one they brought out felt completely different. It was about a quarter of the weight, felt like cheap plastic and the switch felt awful. Didn't feel like it would last a month and yet it was still $110.

It didn't make as much noise, but I declined and just returned the pedal. Didn't feel any better than the $30 behringers honestly. I'm bummed. Time to find a new delay.

• Members

The housing feels really nice but the knobs on the front look and feel so cheap! ;-(

You might still have the older one then, the new ones kind of balanced the cheap knobs with even cheaper housing.

The switch could very well be the same, but it definitely "felt" cheaper. Pressing it down fully to engage made the pedal feel like it was going to snap.

• Members

I think they are now using ToneCore modules with the EchoPark module inserted into it... My Verbzilla seems to have come in such a construction (I haven't tried taking it out yet, but there was even a little sheet in the box saying how you could do it...)

It is definitely not plastic, but I do agree that it feels a little cheap for what you pay... But I think it will last.

• Members

You might still have the older one then, the new ones kind of balanced the cheap knobs with even cheaper housing.

The switch could very well be the same, but it definitely "felt" cheaper. Pressing it down fully to engage made the pedal feel like it was going to snap.

LOL ebay new old stock for the win ;-)

• Members

Jeez - I thought it was just me!

Had an EP a few years ago and sold it - bought a new one a few months ago... it is lighter - less sturdy feeling. Now to be fair I think it'll still go the distance, and the first one I had was over engineered - so heavy!

So yeah - line6 - trimming the fat on production - Wurd.

:cop:

Great sounding delay tho. Love the boost.

Archived