e bows

chrisebrooks06

• Members

My first time ever seeing an ebow used was in 1984 with this documentary, and I was transformed:

[YOUTUBE]0VvU_0hbTNE[/YOUTUBE]

I use an ebow and a BOSS HM-2 for the solo in this song: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6516105

and I use an ebow with the flerb setting of an EHX Holier Grail for this soundclip: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6727674

• Members

i wonder if the older chrome ones make the trigger much faster since the design is a bit different

Pretty sure it's just the tone that is different. String gauge/material also has a bit of an effect on it

The problem with using it on bass is getting it in the right position to start pulling the string because you can't use the little grooves to line it up

• Members
cool thanks guys, i think a sustanic is more for me, but cash flow isnt kind at the minute, just about to move but i like the concept of an ebow they look like loads of fun, so i will get one and learn to use it

edit: ebow ordered should be here wednesday.............

thanks for your help as usual.

just one last question : can you buy just the sustainac pickup and installation kit?

if so can you post a link i cant find a uk dealer

thanks

Yes, you can buy the Sustainaic separately. I bought one and had it installed in my PRS Santana SE. It sounds amazing, but let me just say that it is a huge job to install it - it's not like dropping in a regular pickup. You have to have room in the control cavity of your guitar for the circuit board and battery - which often involves having to route the body to fit it. It took a friend of mine who is an electronics engineer and who has installed one in his own guitar, about 8 hours worth of work to put it in. Most techs charge at least $100 for the job.

I'm really glad I did it, but anyone considering it should take this all into consideration, especially if they are on a tight budget. On the plus side the company (www.sustainiac.com) has excellent customer service and lots of info on their website.

Ebows are great too. I've been using them since the late 70's, and have owned every model - the new one is the best.

Archived