Octave pedal help

Super_Donut_Man

• Members

So I got a schematic for a few octave up pedals, but they only have the one output, so my question is (this is before I start breadboarding, so I know what I am getting into) if I want 2 outputs, (the original signal (my bass) and the octave up signal (to a guitar amp)) should I split the signal (i.e. build a signal splitter right before) and have one signal running unchanged, or should I be thinking about a different method?

I imagine that there would be a way around the first though. I know there is a blend knob on most of the schematics (I imagine that is where the 2 octaves meet) so I could remove that and keep them sepearate. Make sense?

Keep in mind I am a noob at this kinda thing.

(there just is not a cheap enough pedal that does what I want in this case. Oh how I long for an akai unibass :( )

• Members

If you can swing $150, you can get a used Whammy pedal. It has two outputs that'll run a dry signal through one and an effected signal through the other that can do an octave down very well.

Does it do Octave up? I am pretty sure it do, but not 100%.

Thats all I need, plus electronics is something that has interested me, and I think I am going to fiddle around on a breadboard with this.

Would be nice to own one of them though.

• Members

Yeah it does octave up as well. There is also a harmony section with octaves and other intervals. If you can find one you should also consider the bass whammy. Its blue and has a different selection of harmonies and stuff. I think its just tuned more for bass or somehting but its in the old whammy 2 style casing. They're rare though so good luck if you go that route.

• Members

Does it do Octave up? I am pretty sure it do, but not 100%.

Thats all I need, plus electronics is something that has interested me, and I think I am going to fiddle around on a breadboard with this.

Would be nice to own one of them though.

Yes, it does octave up. And two octaves up. And two octaves down. And three octaves down. It's a {censored}ing monster.

Get one.

Archived