devi fuzz pedals

Rockett

• Members

What is the general consensus of devi's fuzz pedals?

From all the talk I've seen on here, there seems to be a lot of slamming on devi's stuff. I've owned the Bit Mangler for quite a while, I haven't been in the market for a fuzz pedal since I've bought it and now I am beggining to think I made a bad choice.

Are the devi fuzzes really that awful? Should I search for something substantially better if it's even possible?

• Members

From all the talk I've seen on here, there seems to be a lot of slamming on devi's stuff...

i don't think that's true... not from what i've seen anyway.

i've got 3, i like them. the hyperion rocks a lot...

• Members

I've never played one, but I've seen a lot of the demos. Some of us don't hear much difference in the various models. As for me, I'm not a huge 'fuzz guy', so maybe I don't get the subtleties. I mean, I like what I've heard, but in all honesty, I don't really hear much of a difference between several of the models.

• Members

From all the talk I've seen on here, there seems to be a lot of slamming on devi's stuff. I've owned the Bit Mangler for quite a while, I haven't been in the market for a fuzz pedal since I've bought it and now I am beggining to think I made a bad choice.

Are the devi fuzzes really that awful? Should I search for something substantially better if it's even possible?

Dude, who cares what other people think if you like it?

Devi pedals aren't bad, but I wouldn't recommend someone buy one without trying it first.

• Members

Dude, who cares what other people think if you like it?

Devi pedals aren't bad, but I wouldn't recommend someone buy one without trying it first.

Well the thing is that I love my Bit Mangler and DON'T care what other people think.

The only influence you guys have on me is that a lot of you own tons of different pedals and have tried out countless others and have way more experience than I do. I just want to know if I am missing out on something else greater.

I've only tried/owned a big muff (russian), fuzz face RI, Boss Fuzz and my devi bit mangler.

• Members

Have you sold your Bit Mangler at the bay around 3 weeks ago to a strange german guy? would be really funny!

• Members

I bought a Spectacular Aenima recently and i'm really happy with it. It sounds just right for what i do. There was a glowing review of 3 of Devi's pedals in a guitar magazine a while back and that got me interested in them.

To the OP, if you like your Devi pedal then who cares what anyone else thinks. I've been really impressed with mine and if the GAS gets the better of me then i might end up with more.

• Members

For some trying most pedals first isn't an option so rely on people's opinions and demo's. Personally I can't try out any of the devi ever pedals (or any pedals really besides the standard boss stuff) but they're giving me serious GAS, in particular the Dark Boost and Hyperion.

• Members

The SA is a great pedal and in the feedback loop you can get the sickest noises ive ever heared!.

What do you use in your loop ? is there anything you think works particularly well?

I've not experimented too much with mine yet but i've had some fun using my Boss delay and EHX Small Stone together in the loop.

• Members

What do you use in your loop ? is there anything you think works particularly well?

I've not experimented too much with mine yet but i've had some fun using my Boss delay and EHX Small Stone together in the loop.

Goofed around with the lal87 and a ring mod after it and it was amazing! Nearly every pedal order and pedal makes another noise...

• Members

The resale market is definitely there if you try and don't like. Seems like there aren't a lot of casual fans. Then again I guess I'd consider myself in that category. I think they're cool but I don't feel the need to have every single one of them. Seems like a lot of people are kind of indifferent to the whole operation; then there are those who love them or hate them.

In my experience, they're kind of sensitive to what amp you're using, and they do better with the volume knobs higher. That said, they're voiced REALLY hot so while they tend to fill out sonically at loud volumes (or increase in oscillation depending on the pedal), that's really loud compared to everything else on my board. I deal with it but it's kind of annoying.

• Members

There was a tour box on HM that got lost that did manage to make its way to me before it did.

I can't remember exactly what was in it, but I think the NO, the GZ, the Soda Meiser, and the vintage fuzz were all there. The only one that I thought was usable was the Soda Meiser, though I thought the non crazy sound on it was EQ'd a bit dark for my taste. The crazy sound was pretty cool though, but it was the kind of thing you'd have on your board for one song.

• Members

I have an SM+, BIT, and a GZ. They're all really different, and I like them quite a lot. There are a few other ones I'd like to try.

Complaining that they're all just variations on the same circuit or they all sound the same or whatever is a bit disingenuous when you consider that the vast majority of boutique pedals are variations on a couple circuits and everyone seems plenty happy about that.

It is a little annoying that they're so loud though. My PS-3 can't take that kind of output. The other day I ran my BIT into at full volume, and the repeats got all {censored}ed up and distorted. It'll even do that if the PS-3 is off when I hit it with the BIT. Sometimes I run Devi's stuff behind a compressor to help control the volume.

Archived