OT: Palin In Top 3 Percent of US Earners, Not "Joe Six Pack"

Sad Darwin

• Members

I don't understand how any US based manufacturer can afford to keep their employees healthy so they can continue to make products... A little talked about issue is how GM puts some $2500 into the sticker of each car just to provide their employees with healthcare... Healthcare is simply an issue of investing in infrastructure. Not to mention we STILL pay it out of tax dollars as it is. So it's not as if universal healthcare is seeking more money, it is simply reallocating what is already being spent.

This is what you are thinking of.

"The carmaker is saddled with a $1,600-per-vehicle handicap in so-called legacy costs, mostly retiree, health and pension benefits."

To pay for universal health care would definitely require a tax increase and definitely push more jobs out of the US.

A great campaign promise that will get votes but simply not happen in reality.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry to rain on the liberal rant, but most all politicians are rich. NONE of them have ANYTHING in common with the common people.

I wonder how much 'ol Obama and his battle axe wife are worth also Joe (I am a theif and an idiot Biden) are worth, not counting the slums Obama made money on.

As mentioned earlier the distinction lies in her claim, which none of the other candidates have made the error of uttering. Please read the thread before shooting off, as this has been mentioned and shot down already.

I would like to ask why this topic is a liberal rant? I was simply pointing out a truth with the original post, not an attack at a party, an ideology, or anything of that matter. I just smell bull{censored}, and try and help people avoid stepping in it, that's all. Palin is not average, middle class, or even all that in touch with the general American's plight. These are all direct claims of her's.

• Members

This is what you are thinking of.

"The carmaker is saddled with a $1,600-per-vehicle handicap in so-called legacy costs, mostly retiree, health and pension benefits."

To pay for universal health care would definitely require a tax increase and definitely push more jobs out of the US.

A great campaign promise that will get votes but simply not happen in reality.

The idea that lowering taxes keeps jobs in the USA flies in the face of reality. Incase you weren't watching, it happened the past 8 years. Besides, if anything you've experienced as a regular guy many hidden taxes in inflation. Give tax cuts to those who have more than they need on the creditcards of the rest of us. Spare me the apologies for the super rich...

I'll pay more taxes if that means I can hire a healthy & educated workforce. It's called infrastructure, without investing in it growth stops the entire system falls apart.

Trickle down economics results in a nation of pee-ons. The net result is we are held up for ransom for $700B... Yeah. Oh here's a fascinating video:

[YOUTUBE]HaG9d_4zij8[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

The idea that lowering taxes keeps jobs in the USA flies in the face of reality. Incase you weren't watching, it happened the past 8 years. Besides, if anything you've experienced as a regular guy many hidden taxes in inflation. Give tax cuts to those who have more than they need on the creditcards of the rest of us. Spare me the apologies for the super rich...

I'll pay more taxes if that means I can hire a healthy & educated workforce. It's called infrastructure, without investing in it growth stops the entire system falls apart.

Trickle down economics results in a nation of pee-ons. The net result is we are held up for ransom for $700B... Yeah. Oh here's a fascinating video:

Trickle down economics has nothing to do with the credit crisis.

Interesing article

Archived