How long until you lose interest in a pedal?

tubezipper

• Members
People... give up the search for tone... it has been found... game over... you are never going to be satisfied until you get one...

MT-2.jpg

Start with MT-2>try everything else>End up with MT-2

Perfect circle?:freak:

• Members
Everyone who agrees with the original post needs to stop buying gear and start making music with the gear they already have.

haha

the whole undertone of this discussion is the very essence of GAS

its noble in that its a quest to find "your sound" or whatever but it can get ridiculous if you can never be happy with what you have... but ultimately I think as you try gear the good stuff sticks the bad stuff moves on you probably spend a little too much on shipping costs but at the end of the day you've got a better idea of what works for you and what doesn't.

ya gotta watch yourself. ive certainly overdone it. but i do feel a sense of completion in some areas with my sound recently that just never felt quite right before and locking up that feeling is like a thirst that needs to be quenched... lol :facepalm:

maybe it'd be different if i'd started the journey with the end all be all amp that just made me rock out on it all day and never think about pedals but... :idk:

• Members

mmm.....I don't know if I ever get bored of pedals, but I don't really think of them as toys.

The main reasons I buy and sell things is either, I buy something and it does the same job as something else, but I prefer it for some reason...that could be size, sound, whatever...

or, I have something that I'm not using, not because i'm bored of it but because it doesn't really fit in with the music i'm recording at the time, or the band I'm playing in.

I don't know how people get get bored of whammy pedals, they are either useful to you or they aren't.

I dunno I'm usually pretty happy with what I have at any given time. Sometimes I get something and i'm not sure if it's that useful to me....I usually know that within a month....compressors are the worse, I've had loads and they never seem to stick, in the end I just got a dynacomp so I have one around if I want to use one.

• Members

I don't know if I could get bored of pedals, but there are pedals that I find become redundant. I love my Semaphore tremolo, but having got a TAW I'm finding I can cover everything that the Semaphore could do with the TAW and my volume pedal, so I'm considering offloading it... :(

• Members

Same for me.

I never get bored with any of my pedals. I feel like each one is full of possibilities that I just don't have enough time to explore the way I want to. Every pedal has an album's worth of songs buried in it.

+1

I hate to sell stuff for this reason.

Archived