OT: How many of you have jobs where being "on time" matters

RoboPimp

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The job i have at college: No, since by boss is really nice and is really flexible with hours. As long as i do the work she gives me im golden. Get to listen to my Ipod while im working. Its great.

Job in the summer: Yes, it does. I can be like 5 mins late and its not that big of a deal since we usually hang out and get briefed on stuff for like 15 mins. Once again as long as i do all the work im assigned im golden.

Then again im just a college student/summer hire so...it's a bit different.

• Members

I worked 12-hour shift work for more than 20 years. It's a courtesy to show up on time and relieve the poor sap who just did his twelve. You'll appreciate the punctuality when that same sap comes to relieve you 12 hours later.

never had that situation. ugh.

• Members

I can show up 10 minutes late and its no big deal, I'm usually early more so than late anyhow. Every two weeks or so I end up getting really drunk and have to call in late an hour or so. I often leave on "breaks" without saying anything too.

This is what I meant tho...

It's a yes or no..

Will you get punished/fined/fired if you are one minute late?

If not you answer no!

I'm not getting into the morals or about if it's "nice" or whatever...

jes or no

• Members

It's not super important, but i still gotta get there in time to get stuff done. I work at a club, bands come in at 5 usually, i gotta have my {censored} ready by then. I usually go in at 430 and have a little time left over before 5. And only two bands have been on time so far anyways:facepalm:

Archived