about Behringer stompboxes

D-River

• Members

I'm strongly interested in the tremolo/panner and the slow motion...today I went to a store near my house and they say that they will no more sell behringer pedals unless you want to order it because on 10 pedals they sell about 8 don't work...are they really so fragile? A week ago I saw Larsen live in concert and Fabrizio Modonese Palumbo has an Ultra Tremolo in his chain, so I think that if it's good for him it will be surely good for me..also a friend of mine uses the bass overdrive and the tuner since almost 2 years and they always have worked, and he gigs extensively...are these just two really lucky cases? I also want to know about the bypass: I know they suck some tone, but are they worst than the boss pedals of which they are clones of? Thanx a lot!!!

• Members

I think it depends on how you use your effects. I always rest my foot on a pedal and click a switch...where as when I'd let my bass player borrow a pedal, I'd get anxious watching him use it because he hovered his foot about 6 inches above the switch right before and slam down hard on it...his mm4 didn't last 6 months. I could see a behringer pedal splitting in half if I gave him it. but as for my use, I think I'm safe. so if you have rough habits with pedals, they'll probably not last long, but you can always buy three or four for the price of their copied models.

• Members

Do they really have an 80 percent fail rate? Man, that's bad. I've often thought that they probably DO have some good sounds in some of those lower end pedals, but you'd have to wonder when it would fall apart.

its worth noting that for every penis-waving aids-obsessed 14yr old passing commentary, there are plenty of folks using these things with no probs at all. i've done sound for quite a few bands that have one or two behr stomps amongst them, and have yet to see pedal failure. granted, those bands arent GWAR, but neither are most.

sounds to me like that store simply isnt seeing the profit margin that they want to. not surprising, given the street prices.

i'd expect that if there was anywhere near the probs quoted (80%), we'd be seeing a {censored}load more threads re: "my busted behr." not surprisingly, the seems to be a dearth of those threads.

and now, back to the posted video for one more look at this reportedly paper mache pedal.

• Members
Do they really have an 80 percent fail rate? Man, that's bad. I've often thought that they probably DO have some good sounds in some of those lower end pedals, but you'd have to wonder when it would fall apart.

Haha! That's great. Just remember, 67.42% of statistics are bull{censored}. :thu:

I've got the Analog Delay. Basically a $25 DM-3. Sounds excellent and has worked perfectly for me. Its so outrageously cheap everyone should get one. The bypass is fine. And for the prices you really can't complain. Great sound, rock bottom prices and they're perfectly durable provided you don't abuse them beyond reason. I've got several digitech and ibanez pedals that have crappier switches.

Archived