Comp or wah 1st in chain and why?

lenster

• Members

If you put the comp after wah it can level out the dynamics that sometimes pop out too loud at some frequencies. In this case you use it to make sure the wah sounds even dynamically and just changes the color, not the dynamic of the instrument.

• Members

Going to change my board around , mainly to put phase after wah and b4 dirt .

But My wah is first , should i put comp b4 or after wah and why?

I use a Comp 1st, and a filter like a wah last, because the wah then has a more harmonically rich signal to filter.

zachschematic.jpg

• Members

Thanx for your thoughts guys.

Just changed my board.

Guitars> Daimond comp > Tremonti wah > EVH Phase 90 > FD2 > TU2 > amp.

Visual Sound H2O > MXR 108 EQ > LOOP.

Don't here much change from comp or wah being 1st but i like what i'm hearing. Sounds fuller amd the wah definately has more happening Volume wise ( had to turn down the boost level ). But my biggest surprise was taking the phase out of the loop and in front of the amp .

Sounds Faarking awesome.

Its good to experiment hey.:thu:

• Members

I use a Comp 1st, and a filter like a wah last, because the wah then has a more harmonically rich signal to filter.

:idea:

wow; all this time, i've thought that having the filtered tone compressed was the only logical approach to the fx placement.

its weird, i've always had the thought of changing my wah->comp. chain up, but never got around to doing so.:poke:

• Members

:idea:
wow; all this time, i've thought that having the filtered tone compressed was the only logical approach to the fx placement.

its weird, i've always had the thought of changing my wah->comp. chain up, but never got around to doing so.:poke:

Ehh to each his own... I've routed my effects many different ways, including the way you describe-- I guess that's the difference between us... I've done things your way and prefer doing things MY way. YMMV, if you ever get around to doing so, rather than sitting online and :poke:.

No need to :poke: I am not competing with your rig to get the results I want. :poke: ;)

• Members

Ehh to each his own... I've routed my effects many different ways, including the way you describe-- I guess that's the difference between us... I've done things your way and prefer doing things MY way. YMMV, if you ever get around to doing so, rather than sitting online and :poke:.

No need to :poke: I am not competing with your rig to get the results I want. :poke:
;)

i was pokin' myself, to get myself off my ass and switch 2 1/4'' plugs lol.

Archived