crybaby 535Q: TB?

RoboPimp

• Members

A good way to find out is to plug the cable coming from the guitars output to the "output" of the wah. Plug the cable from the "input" of the wah to the input of the amplifier. If the signal goes through to the amp when the wah is switched off, then it is a true bypass. Essentially you are hooking the way up backwards and feeding the signal through it the wrong way but it will not hurt it. I have done it before with 535q's in the past and yes they were true bypass but dunlop could have changed it. Keept in mind that ANYTHING you place between the guitar and amp will affect the overall tone-true bypass or not-so you need to decide what is essential for your playing and what quality you are willing to pay for. As was stated above, if you like the way it sounds then go for it!!!

:)

• Members

It's definitely not true bypass. I took mine apart to check and like the MXR pedals, the input remains connected in bypass. The most horrible and unnecessary bypass ever - give me a buffer any day.

On the positive side it doesn't seem to load the signal down like some of the MXR pedals I've used have

• Members

mine is the fasel version fwiw - because I remember using a stock crybaby and recounting how lame it sounded

Point taken. I too have heard various non-fasel crybaby pedals, and don't care for them either. I've not heard a fasel 535Q, (unless that's what Joe Satch uses), but I have heard a Crybaby Classic, which is a nice pedal. :)

Archived