Roland D-110 .mp3 page

Sealed

• Members

I like the multi track. Sounds very exotic.

As of D-110, i was always curious about additional waveforms. I know they added a lot of them, specially the "jam loops" that became so popular. Interesting: originally they were part of the program that one Roland engineer made for fun to amuse Eric Pershing and others. :lol:

If i remember correctly, D-10/20 have the same synthesis engine as the D-50. The difference was only in smaller effect section when compared to D-50, right?

By listening to the demos, i got impression the converters in D-10/20 are different from those in D-50. The D-50 had converters that would give it a specific crystal / glass type of sound (fantastic for some far east bells) excellent response in high-end freqs. But then maybe, this has to do with mp3 compression in demos.

• Members

If i remember correctly, D-10/20 have the same synthesis engine as the D-50. The difference was only in smaller effect section when compared to D-50, right?

I think you are correct. The D50 always sounded much 'lusher' & 'classier' than the D10/D20.

The D5 sounded 'ROUGH' :D

-------------------------------------

Nice page as always Sealed!

• Members

Thank you very much, Don Solaris and flat earth!

By listening to the demos, i got impression the converters in D-10/20 are different from those in D-50. The D-50 had converters that would give it a specific crystal / glass type of sound (fantastic for some far east bells) excellent response in high-end freqs.

I have the same impression. D-110 has narrower frequency range than D-50. But some contemporary effects can make D-110 a little bit hi-fi.

• Members

Thanks very much, Paolo.

D-110 has relatively thin (when dried) sound generator, but functionally it has some advanced features - 4-OSC digital wave generation, ring modulator, freaky jam loops and multi-step PEG.

D-5 has several key modes - chord memory, harmony, chase and arpeggiator. It should be interesting when used with external effects.

Archived