Subdecay Blackstar

Taylor704

• Members

Has anyone tried one of this, own one of these or have any experience with them? I know everyone says it's suited for heavy metal but the low gain sounds were excellent on the ProGuitarShop demo and i kinda wanted to use it as my main distortion instead of having to have more than 1

Any help is much appreciated

• Members

This is one pedal I kinda want for my heavier needs too. Sounds excellent I agree from the clips. I would check out the Hardwire Metal pedal too, but I havent heard clips of it. The reviews, at TGP no less were quite good.

• Members

I didn't think it was suited for modern metal. Think more the intro to Muse's Plug In Baby, with that fuzzy edge you can't really get rid of.

It's a GREAT pedal with a real fun tone, quite versatile and cleans up great from the guitar. But I could never get a metal sound out of it. Too fuzzy. If that's your thing though of course, awesome! For some reason the clips sounded less fuzzy than it actually was through my rig.

• Members
I didn't think it was suited for modern metal. Think more the intro to Muse's Plug In Baby, with that fuzzy edge you can't really get rid of.

It's a GREAT pedal with a real fun tone, quite versatile and cleans up great from the guitar. But I could never get a metal sound out of it. Too fuzzy. If that's your thing though of course, awesome! For some reason the clips sounded less fuzzy than it actually was through my rig.

this is exactly correct...and why i love the blackstar so much. i like a lot of gain but do not play heavy metal. muse would be an apt comparison as would some queens of the stoneage tones.

anyone expecting metal out of it will be disappointed and those making suggestions like that digitech hardwire metal thing or the metal muff have clearly never played it. it does produce great sounding palm muting, however.

:)

• Members
this is exactly correct...and why i love the blackstar so much. i like a lot of gain but do not play heavy metal. muse would be an apt comparison as would some queens of the stoneage tones.

anyone expecting metal out of it will be disappointed and those making suggestions like that digitech hardwire metal thing or the metal muff have clearly never played it. it does produce great sounding palm muting, however.

:)

No chance of a Metallica tone out of it? If not, my search for a distortion pedal that can do it all goes on :rolleyes:

Archived