OT UK Wales people only - Welsh Rarebit Recipe

wednesdaysworse

• Members

Sorry, I know it's off topic, but I need a good recipe for an authentic Welsh rarebit.

I need this for an upcoming family Thanksgiving dinner. Reason being, we celebrate our ancestors each Thanksgiving, and my father was in a hospital in Wales during WW2 and always spoke highly of his caretakers there and always made Welsh rarebit for us as kids after the war. I want to honor him this Thanksgiving. I've tried a few internet recipes, but need something authentic. Wales, this USA guy is calling, and, thank you.

• Members
Melex

Thanks for link on Welsh rarebit. Will consider.

I also checked your music out - I like. At times, a little like Flying Saucer Attack ??

Thanks, again.

Wednesdaysworse

no problem, I'm not welsh but that looked like a pretty authentic recipe to me...

thanks.......:thu:

....off to listen to flying saucer attack!!! :lol:

• Members
Sorry, I know it's off topic, but I need a good recipe for an authentic Welsh rarebit.

I need this for an upcoming family Thanksgiving dinner. Reason being, we celebrate our ancestors each Thanksgiving, and my father was in a hospital in Wales during WW2 and always spoke highly of his caretakers there and always made Welsh rarebit for us as kids after the war. I want to honor him this Thanksgiving. I've tried a few internet recipes, but need something authentic. Wales, this USA guy is calling, and, thank you.

Spend time sourcing your cheese. When I was out in Toronto and working as a chef, sourcing really good strong cheddar was difficult. You don't have ot use strong cheddar but I think it's essential to get the balance right between that and the Worcestershire sauce. Arse-kickingly good food :)

Archived