HISS and a EHX POG

bmast160

• Members

has anyone had problems with hiss? i dont really have any other hiss or noise in my chain except when i turn this pedal on. i've made sure its isolated and tried it alone as well. read some review from other people saying that they noiced hiss but i listen so some samples on youtube and didnt notice it. could it be a problem with my pedal or the preamp in the pedal?

• Members

Try adjusting your resonance setting on the filter?

I don't get hiss when using it with my bassoon, at least not that I've noticed, but I guess I'm running a substantially more shielded rig than most guitar players.

It stands to reason it would "hiss" as it'll take any extra noise in your chain and transpose that up an octave or 4 along with any sound.

• Members

Try adjusting your resonance setting on the filter?

I don't get hiss when using it with my bassoon, at least not that I've noticed, but I guess I'm running a substantially more shielded rig than most guitar players.

It stands to reason it would "hiss" as it'll take any extra noise in your chain and transpose that up an octave or 4 along with any sound.

i guess it makes sense that it would copy the noise too but the whammy i have doesnt seem to do that.

Archived