Finally I have a FoxRox Fuzz. Good choice?

88mm

• Members

I have wanted the the FoxRox Hot Silicon for MANY years. I have messed around with some other Silicon fuzz face types and brands but always wishing for the Foxrox.

Well I did it. I have one in the mail.

Will it everything I have always wanted

Or have I built it up too much and it will be just like the others.

• Members

Yes I think you will like the cookies.

-

Let me be clear.

How would you (others) Compare it to the other silicon Fuzz face types.

Fulltone 70

Monsterpiece npn

New Dunlop Jimi Fuzz Face thing

-

That is what I am asking.

• Members

I have owned both the Monsterpiece NPN and the Hot Silicon so I will comment. I still have the Hot Silicon. Basically, both pedals sound very similar but the Hot Silicon is more versatile because of the Grit (bias) control. It can get a bit smoother, or also a bit grittier sounding than the NPN if you want it to.

Both share the characteristics of silicon fuzz faces - like a ge fuzz face, but turbocharged. Or, like a more dynamic, more articulate big muff with less bass. :thu:

• Members

The NPN I had had a bias.

I have seen some without though.

-

That was a good pedal. Great build and sounded decent. It had Huge volume available for good boost but the Fuzz was just kinda Okay fro me. Not bad but nothing fantastic.

• Members
...the Hot Silicon is more versatile because of the Grit (bias) control. It can get a bit smoother, or also a bit grittier sounding...like a ge fuzz face, but turbocharged. Or, like a more dynamic, more articulate big muff with less bass.
:thu:

That says it nicely. I like the Foxrox Hot Silicon.

Once you learn its nature, you can go for a Foxrox ZIM with FF and BM ZIMcards. :thu:

cheers,
Ian

• Members

Well...

It is here.

I REALLY dig it!

{censored} load of sustain and still cuts well and also pretty dynamic. Grit knob is cool. I like it set about 2 o-clock gives it a bit of that choppy kinda sound.

-

Anyway thats it.

happy with purchase and is as good as hoped

Archived