CL Find: Evil Twin

jhamnett

• Members

Saw this on CL for $200. I can definitely afford it. These are the actual pics per the CL ad:

1f014313c3nb3m73o28cl3b66af84e91519c3.jp

1101fa1433k93mb3l38cl29157fb94c271e96.jp

I love the 25W switching option, plus the Fender clean with a "gainy-er" OD channel, plus switchable reverb. I think it has a Master Volume too, which helps. Sent an email to check it out.

Anyone have experience with the Evil Twin?

• Members
I almost picked one of these up, same situation.. Someone beat me to it though.. I mean, how bad can it be for $200?

Exactly. Sent an email already... I could even try to talk him down some for a missing grille cloth.

I'm sure I could make money on a flip... or, if I like it better than my HRDeville (currently in the shop for repairs and mods), than I can sell that and profit and get a better amp! :thu:

• Members

i actually like the ones i have played, and they do have a nice fender cleans, infact what some people consider them sterile in sound is cause they have a huge amounts of headroom so you really gotta crank them to get the fender "pushed" sound, the drive channel is kinda fizzy but i liked it still.

snatch that up for the $200 bones once you are there then attemp to lower the price, but dont try to do it over the emails, is easier to say no electronically that in person with the cash in hand

• Members

BUY THAT NOW!
i have the 1990s version i picked up on craigs list. The 25 vs 100 isnt a whole lot of difference (it might be on the 08's though)

HOWEVER,
the dirty channel on these things rocks like nobodys buisness. Think sparkely fender on one side... fat marshal on the other. I also think on the earlier versions you can run both channels at once. EPIC WIN

now given it is 200$ expect to retube it ect. and throw some money at it. got mine for 400$ and payed 300$ on repairs... still cheeper than new amps I was looking at though.

at that price you can't loose. Just be careful on your back, thats gonna weigh in around 80lbs.

I had the 94 twin - it is REALLY midrange-y for a Fender. I think the 94 was sort of a reissue of an "evil" twin. It was also possibly the loudest combo amp I've ever played through. Good god.

Update... emailed last night. No reply yet, and the listing has been pulled. I really hope someone else didn't snatch it up yet.

Ah {censored}. Where is he selling it?

I think it was in Burlington. I wanted to check it out after this Christmas crazyness goes away.

Boston craigslist has been {censored}e for the last few months. What happened? I got a WH-1 for $300 then POOF - {censored}e.

• Members

Boston craigslist has been {censored}e for the last few months. What happened? I got a WH-1 for $300 then POOF - {censored}e.

Yeah, I dunno... unless someone snatched it up first (doubtful) or he reconsidered and deleted the listing :idk:

But... I did grab a Green Russian Big Muff on the Boston CL for $30, so it's not total {censored}e :D

• Members

i find this happens a lot here in the ATL,

really good deals get posted, then the items get deleted, then they pop up a week or so later for much more money.

either the seller get bombarded with so many offers that it makes him realize that the price is really low, or someone else snatches it for cheap and then flips it for a profit

Yeah, I dunno... unless someone snatched it up first (doubtful) or he reconsidered and deleted the listing
:idk:

But... I did grab a Green Russian Big Muff on the Boston CL for $30, so it's not total {censored}e
:D

Ooooooh you bastard - I think got it RIGHT before I emailed that guy.

When? It was listed in October (I think) and I scooped it and a Toobscreama for $60 total. Twas a nice night (especially since I just sold the BMP).

Yup, I'm almost certain I emailed that same guy. Grrrrr.

• Members

heheh Whateverrr.

No, honestly, she was playing shoegaze and used a Clapton strat, so I asked her how she liked the boost in the strat, and she gave me a blank look.

That being said, she knew a lot about keys and synths and recording, much more than I know.

Archived