The Official HCFX East Coast Jam (1/10/09 Baltimore, MD)

TechBrother

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well, I dunno man, the weather here is insane, I tried to start driving in the van and was sliding all over the place. There were accidents all over. I had to turn around. Sorry but I'm gunna have to bag man. I hope it doesn't screw everyone up.

• Members
know any good studios? i've only been to one in pa. by the way never go to forge studio. i recorded there in july and the still won't give me the masters. not to mention the guy completely remixed our tracks when we were packing up our gear.
:mad:

i've only ever been to this rehearsal spot in fishtown... i'm new to philly, and i wouldn't want anyone to have to go to that place! its in the hood.

• Members

well, I dunno man, the weather here is insane, I tried to start driving in the van and was sliding all over the place. There were accidents all over. I had to turn around. Sorry but I'm gunna have to bag man. I hope it doesn't screw everyone up.

Omg. Dude, your handle must change from Robopimp to RoboGimp! We had a PA there at 2:00, but removed it because we thought you were coming with one :mad:. If you'd let us know earlier we woulda bee fine, but we went without a PA all day until around 6-7.

Sorry dude, but you're gonna get about 3 months worth of bashing for this. Was still a good time had by all, but we really needed that PA :cry:.

• Members
! We had a PA there at 2:00, but removed it because we thought you were coming with one
. If you'd let us know earlier we woulda bee fine, but we went without a PA all day until around 6-7.

Sorry dude, but you're gonna get about 3 months worth of bashing for this. Was still a good time had by all, but we
really
needed that PA
:cry:

I didn't have anyone's ph# or I would have called :idk:

• Members

That was a nasty {censored}in storm.

• Members

That was a nasty {censored}in storm.

yes it was nasty

a full sized van loaded with about a 1000 lbs of gear is not fun to drive in that {censored}.

I felt bad about ditching but I also know it would have been pretty stupid to try and drive 3-4 hrs thru that.

• Members

I could never be mad at RoboPimp.

we all had a {censored}ing great time regardless and besides now that we've done one I'm sure we can do more no problem.

glad to hear a good time was had.

I was really looking forward to this

I felt {censored}ty all night, bummed because I was missing out and because I knew you all were expecting me to bring that stuff.

I definitely want to try and do something like this again, and hopefully be able to make it next time!

did anyone record video/audio?

• Members

glad to hear a good time was had.

I was really looking forward to this

I felt {censored}ty all night, bummed because I was missing out and because I knew you all were expecting me to bring that stuff.

I definitely want to try and do something like this again, and hopefully be able to make it next time!

did anyone record video/audio?

No need to feel {censored}ty dude, we were just eating steak, and doing other assorted activities throughout the day.

It was a cool chance to actually put a face to the handle names and meet some genuinely awesome dudes with sick gear.

I'm like 100% sure we'll be doing it again, most likely in a month or so when this weather is severely less {censored}ty

• Members
No need to feel {censored}ty dude, we were just eating steak, and doing other assorted activities throughout the day.

It was a cool chance to actually put a face to the handle names and meet some genuinely awesome dudes with sick gear.

I'm like 100% sure we'll be doing it again, most likely in a month or so when this weather is severely less {censored}ty

cool, that does sound like fun.

believe me I wanted to go, I spent an hour loading {censored} into the van in the freezing cold and snow. It's still in there :lol:

• Members
I could never be mad at RoboPimp.

we all had a {censored}ing great time regardless and besides now that we've done one I'm sure we can do more no problem.

Haha noone's mad at him, but we all agreed he was gonna get a rash of {censored} for a couple months, remember?? :thu:

• Members

HOLY{censored}DICKS that was fun!

I'm really sorry that you couldn't make it Robo. Ask anyone there but all day long I was sincerely concerned about youre not being there. Not b/c of the PA but b/c I wanted to chill with the legend.

Turn out sucked but that just gave us more of a chance to get to know eachother. Firstly I was impressed by the playing ability & gear of those who showed up. Secondly I seriously underestimated the coolness of fellow music geeks. Rushfan was the man with meatgrilling coffee machine. (Sorry that we never got ice). Kevin & Brett were cool cats and Beef was the man for sticking it out till 3am. LOVE THE SUPRO!

My band ended up playing at midnight. At the peak of the evening there was about 40-50 ppl in there. Some interested character showed up, probably b/c we forgot to have someone collecting money at the door. There were several wasted girls grinding hard on stage while we played. The lighting and visualizations we had were better than most clubs in b-more. I hope that my wife took pictures. If so I'll post them.

We're playing another party there on 1/24 w/ an incredible dj act called Orchard Lounge. Any and all are welcome!

• Members
HOLY{censored}DICKS that was fun!

I'm really sorry that you couldn't make it Robo. Ask anyone there but all day long I was sincerely concerned about youre not being there. Not b/c of the PA but b/c I wanted to chill with the legend.

Turn out sucked but that just gave us more of a chance to get to know eachother. Firstly I was impressed by the playing ability & gear of those who showed up. Secondly I seriously underestimated the coolness of fellow music geeks. Rushfan was the man with meatgrilling coffee machine. (Sorry that we never got ice). Kevin & Brett were cool cats and Beef was the man for sticking it out till 3am. LOVE THE SUPRO!

My band ended up playing at midnight. At the peak of the evening there was about 40-50 ppl in there. Some interested character showed up, probably b/c we forgot to have someone collecting money at the door. There were several wasted girls grinding hard on stage while we played. The lighting and visualizations we had were better than most clubs in b-more. I hope that my wife took pictures. If so I'll post them.

We're playing another party there on 1/24 w/ an incredible dj act called Orchard Lounge. Any and all are welcome!

ok, now I'm really bummed, that sounds like a blast.

40-50 people seems like a great turn out! :idk:

we should definitely schedule another gathering sometime,

• Members

Only 12 ppl showed up for the forum thing. Most ppl showed up after 11pm for the show.

Yeah, but it wasn't the forumites that we expected to show that bummed me (we expected what? 18 + ~10 band members?) There were supposed to be 4-5 bands and only 2 showed up, neither really did jam session or anything (well I dunno what you guys did cus I was out by 11 to drive home).

At least I got to impro a couple with your band when they were warming up, but I was looking forward to playing some cover tunes with peeps. All I get to play Shine On to right now is the backing tracks :cry:.

Oh well, was certainly fun and worth the trip for me. :thu:

Ya'll are lettin' up on Robo way too easy tho, I thought we had a deal, wtf? :facepalm::lol:

• Members

Yeah, I had a blast too, you all missed out. Everything everyone else said is quite correct. :thu: The folks that did show up were way cool and it was good to meet everyone as well as some of Neil's buddies. Cool people, sweet gear, good times. (And Neil was worrying about you Robo, all day long).

Neil's band kicks some serious ass too and even put up with me jamming on stage with them. I'd definitely be down for doing it again soon (and getting some more of that good-ass pizza).

• Members
Yeah, I had a blast too, you all missed out. Everything everyone else said is quite correct.
:thu:
The folks that did show up were way cool and it was good to meet everyone as well as some of Neil's buddies. Cool people, sweet gear, good times. (And Neil was worrying about you Robo, all day long).

Neil's band kicks some serious ass too and even put up with me jamming on stage with them. I'd definitely be down for doing it again soon (and getting some more of that good-ass pizza).

I am definitely most bummed about missing out on segway, i love what I've heard of them on myspace.

Neil, when you say the 24th do you mean it's another jam invite or what? :love:

• Members
c'mon man, you actually went there and left before segway played?

I think you deserve the harassment? WTF?

I got tired of watching them all huff on the couch... :lol:

Nah, I just had a long drive and had been there all day. Had stuff to do on Sunday so I didn't want to crash at Neil's pad - I would have woke up, got wasted and done nothing all day lol. Going home allowed me to hook up with the gal I'm seeing now.

Priorities man, priorities.

I'll catch him next time.

• Members
I am definitely most bummed about missing out on segway, i love what I've heard of them on myspace.

Neil, when you say the 24th do you mean it's another jam invite or what?
:love:

The 24th is going to be a show there with our friends Stushido and an incredible DJ act known as Orchard Lounge (OL being the headliner). I'm pretty sure I'm going to be playing w/ Stushido for a bit b/c their guitarist will be outta town.

Robo, if you want to come down you could definately come up and jam w/ us. Maybe join us on a cover of Shakedown?

Archived