OT: Check out my new single

gilwe

• Members

Hi,

The lyrics (which are not mine, btw) talk about how anyone who "lose" love,

should let the wind carry him/her to a new road of his/her own....

I act as a one-man-band and do all instrumentation, vocals and production.

Thanks !

:wave:

• Members

.... and of course, any comments / suggestions are more than welcome !!

Well, there's a couple spots where your voice had trouble 'hitting the pitch'.

If you're working with a DAW tho, a quick re-take and cut and paste would take care of it quickly.

Minor stuff tho- overall, very nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm hearing a little Tears for Fears (and Pet Shop Boys) in there ... At least when I was liking it the most ... but to me it also could have had a little more synth action as well as more local flavor ... Since it sounds pretty Western, it almost seems like it should be sung at least partly in English or even another language unmistakably not the one you're using now ... but trust me, I do like and here as well the vocals in ... what's IS the language?

Good luck ... !!!

• Members

It's in Hebrew ;)

Well, I first wrote all songs in English to be used for the international market,

but at some point decided to convert to the local language. I might record them in English too.

Tears for Fears in one of my all time favourites, and "Seeds of Love" in one of the albums I appreciate the most !

Question -

How many of you noticed that the drums are sampled, and do you think it would be necessary to use live drums instead, in that particular case ?

• Members

Funny how the brain works. Track started, and about a minute in I knew I'd heard this before. Listened when you first posted, got distracted, but apparently it stuck. Honestly, that's why I love music in other languages - you have a completely different listening experience by not understanding what the words mean. :thu:

You've got your sound nailed, nice work.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

don't let gilwe fool you the lyrics are yiddish for

"hey, you're such a pretty boy. hey, you're such a pretty boy. you're so pretty" lol just kidding

nice track however the vocals are way too high in the mix and have too much e.q. boost at the high frequencies and cause distortion even at really low listening volume. take the e.q. down a lot and the volume down a little bit and you'd have a killer track. as it is it's a bit brittle sounding when he takes a breath or hits a higher note.

the music is fine and the vocal performance is really good it's just a bit too much e.q. and the vocal sits too loud in the mix.

Archived