Stevie Nicks- Blue Lamp

petejt

• Members

Yeah I know it's a little cheesey- but that chorus effect has gotta be hands down some of the BEST ever made!!! :love:

Tonight I was learning that song and playing the track through my two PA speakers, and gosh, to try and replicate the honey-like chorusing I had to turn on EVERY modulation unit I have!

I had the Jazz Chorus 120 running, my Deluxe Electric Mistress and TC Electronic Stereo Chorus/Flanger both running in front of the Engl Fireball & Mesa/Boogie MarkIV, my H2O chorus in front of the Fireball, and my Rockman Stereo Chorus in the loop of the MarkIV! It was CRAZY!!!!!!!

AND I used my housemate's Fender Stratocaster to help brighten the tone a bit.

I guess maybe a few finer EQ tweaks would get the tone right, to help bring out the notching in the chorusing, but, DAMN! How the hell was this effect achieved in the first place?

It can't be just one effect pedal!???

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

The chorus on the song didn't seem that exceptional to me at all. Sounds like any chorus pedal would do for that sound.

I find that strange. Most chorus pedals don't sound 'gooey' enough for that particular song, I know because I've tried.

Archived