MI Audios Blues Pro- Gimmee the Dirt

Salsage

• Members
Yep -- nice pedal.
:thu:

Solid tone for the price too.... MI Audio rules.

Thanks Crx. Yeah, I like Mi Audio.:thu:
I am one of the faithful that still has the Tube Zone on my board and love it.
But always looking for more/different dirt.
:cool:

• Members

Which has more gain, the Blues Pro or the Blue Boy Deluxe? I had the BBD and thought it was pretty good. Had a bit more gain than I needed. Ultimately I sent it back for a BoR which I liked just a bit more at the time. But i wouldn't hesitate getting another MI Audio pedal again.

• Members

Which has more gain, the Blues Pro or the Blue Boy Deluxe? I had the BBD and thought it was pretty good. Had a bit more gain than I needed. Ultimately I sent it back for a BoR which I liked just a bit more at the time. But i wouldn't hesitate getting another MI Audio pedal again.

iuAQorhrbqs

Gain-wise, the BBD might have a bit more... but to my ears, the BPO is less compressed, so it sounds more "open" or "transparent" ... which makes it sound like it has less. All I know is that both pedals had a surprising amount of gain on tap, but that again, to my ears, the BPO sounded better for low-gain. I don't know if any of that makes sense.

• Members

Gain-wise, the BBD might have a bit more... but to my ears, the BPO is less compressed, so it sounds more "open" or "transparent" ... which makes it sound like it has less. All I know is that both pedals had a surprising amount of gain on tap, but that again, to my ears, the BPO sounded better for low-gain. I don't know if any of that makes sense.

It makes sense to me. I thought the BBD had way more gain than was needed or wanted for an overdrive. If memory serves me correctly, it seemed more like a distortion pedal past noon. While it can sound like a TS type pedal, I thought it had a lot more gain and compression than any TS type pedal I've owned before.

Archived