OT:Headphones and pedals

Taylor704

• Members

I've always been curious to ask this, but I thought i'd look like an idiot in the process. But I felt the need for change, just like Obama.

Everyone i've asked a similar question too has said that headphones and pedals do not mix, that you can't use them because they just sound too damn bad. But I mulled it over in my head and I thought, well surely things like delay, reverb, chorus and phaser should work with headphones?

And i've reached the end of my technical knowledge. Can someone with the knowledge enlighten me? :confused:

• Members

There headphone outs on stuff like the DD-20, but your best bet is to get a Vox amplug or Pocket Pod and stick it at the end of your pedal chain, and then run your headphones out from that.

Granted, it's going to sound like poopy poop, but it'll work. :)

• Members
There headphone outs on stuff like the DD-20, but your best bet is to get a Vox amplug or Pocket Pod and stick it at the end of your pedal chain, and then run your headphones out from that.

Granted, it's going to sound like poopy poop, but it'll work.
:)

this. although using a headphone "amp" will make it sound significantly better than nothing at all.

Archived