Pedal Order for Stoner/Doom stuff?

papercutnoise

• Members

Hey Guys,

I've just recently gotten back into playing guitar, well heavy guitar anyway. I've started anew and picked up a few pedals and was wondering what chain you guys would recommend setting them up in for kinda stoner/doom style stuff. The main ones I am contemplating using in my setup are:

Dunlop Fuzz Face

Blackstar HT-Dual Distortion (using one channel as a boost when using the blue box

MXR Blue Box

Boss FZ-2 (i love Electric Wizard but dunno about using thiss yet)

Big Muff Pi (dunno whether to have this in there purely for size reasons)

Arctec Graphic Eq & Tuner in 1 pedal

Line 6 DL-4

Boss DD-5

Boss RV-3

Marshall Vibratrem

In my head am thinking the following might work best:

Guitar->Fuzzface->HT Dual->Blue Box->Arctec Graphic EQ & Tuner->Marshall Vibratrem->Line 6 DL-4

If you guys have any other suggestions I'd love to hear them. Might throw an Earthbound Supercollider in there if I order one!

Thanks

• Members

Hey dude. We're a st0ner band, and here's my setup:

Guitar -> MXR Phase 90 -> dirt -> Boss DD-7 -> Boss DD-5 -> Clean Boost (solo boost) -> Amp

Def. throw a phaser into your list. My other guitarist uses the EHX Small Stone, and I use the MXR. Great little effect. For dirt, it depends on how much you get from your amp. We run an old Marshall JMP (me) and a Laney 100R (other guy), with most of our dirt coming from there. Just a little extra at the beginning to get that good warm crunch and still be able to do clean... He's used a Bad Monkey for a while, and then switched over to one of the new Dano pedals (I think the "Cool Cat Fuzz" or something).

Happy hunting!

• Members

For home use i'll be using a Harley benton Ga5h running through an old H/H Cab from waaaaay back. Think it just has one 15inch speaker in it. For gigs and stuff I have an old beat up massive solid state Laney bass amp that is loud as hell :)

I tend to run my amps clean and let the pedals do the dirt. The Ht-dual has one channel that can do clean or crunch so gonna use that as a boost of sorts but also to add a little dirt if I need it.

Actually thinking of getting a phaser too! Might just get the EH Nano small stone. Small and cheap :)

• Members

For home use i'll be using a Harley benton Ga5h running through an old H/H Cab from waaaaay back. Think it just has one 15inch speaker in it. For gigs and stuff I have an old beat up massive solid state Laney bass amp that is loud as hell
:)

I tend to run my amps clean and let the pedals do the dirt. The Ht-dual has one channel that can do clean or crunch so gonna use that as a boost of sorts but also to add a little dirt if I need it.

Actually thinking of getting a phaser too! Might just get the EH Nano small stone. Small and cheap
:)

Yeah, those are ok. Look into the MXR EVH Phase 90. Pretty cool little pedal, and you can usually find a decent deal on craigslist or here.

Archived