why gram parsons is the best singer

bayliss

• Members

yeah, that was some funny {censored}. also sad. knoxville was pretty good, too.

yeah, he was pretty good. you've just got to remember that it was just phil kaufman's side of the story, i.e. he said "there was only bones and brass left in the morning" when in fact the cremation was botched and there were alot of remains left. pour some petrol on a body and set it alight, the petrol will burn off quite quickly, not long enough or a high enough temperature for the body to burn; also the script writer took some huge liberties with facts, but it all went to making an enjoyable film.

• Members

I'm on board. It seems like every day I need a Sneaky Pete fix of some sort on top of that.

"Sin City" is on my all time 10 list. That little double time shuffle at about 1:50 is addictive.
:cool:

sneaky pete kleinow is my absolute hero. he was also an award winning special FX guy, worked on empire strikes back, gremlins, terminator, terminator 2, amongst many others.

he was the {censored}ing hendrix of pedal steel, listen to that fuzz solo on the last clip of the OP. {censored}ing awesome.

i've been gassing for a pedal steel for ever but they're rarer than rocking horse {censored} in the UK.

• Members

sneaky pete kleinow is my absolute hero. he was also an award winning special FX guy, worked on empire strikes back amongst many others.

he was the {censored}ing hendrix of pedal steel, listen to that fuzz solo on the last clip of the OP. {censored}ing awesome.

i've been gassing for a pedal steel for ever but they're rarer than rocking horse {censored} in the UK.

Did you see the "Calling all lap steel players" thread the other day? I posted this below. I'm doing that to my rondo lap steel. Might save you some time and money.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32396544&postcount=10

Pete also was at the heart of Gumby working with Art Clokey doing all that stop motion claymation stuff (Davey and Goliath too). Art was a pretty cool dude himself.

• Members
Did you see the "Calling all lap steel players" thread the other day? I posted this below. I'm doing that to my rondo lap steel. Might save you some time and money.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32396544&postcount=10

Pete also was at the heart of Gumby working with Art Clokey doing all that stop motion claymation stuff (Davey and Goliath too). Art was a pretty cool dude himself.

thanks for the link. i saw one of those on ebay today actually :D
what are the chances...? :rolleyes:

• Members

omg want.

have you found anyplace in the states that sell these?

Not sold in the States. There's two or three online stores in Europe that sell them. This one has the best price I've found.

http://www.thomann.de/de/duesenberg_multibender.htm

You can fit one right to a strat with a new nut to raise the strings or do this (you really only need two levers, this is a bit overkill. I don't know how you would be able to operate all of them)

5608_DSC_1401_1.jpg

5608_DSC_1402_1.jpg

Archived