Which Artists Have You Met That Inspired You?

Naterel

• Members
Man, if I ever meet
Brad Neely
, I hope I don't {censored} that up as bad. He kind of hates publicity in all shapes in forms, so I guess I don't really need to worry about it.

:love:

We call my Bassist Baby Cakes, cause hes a big old man child. LOL

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kaki King- very cool person

Seth Olinsky from Akron/Family. He's from my hometown and has a little studio/office space next to the place i work, so i see him once in a while. I got to play with him and Rhys Chatham's 100 guitar orchestra performance here. My favorite musical experience i've ever had.

• Members
:love:

We call my Bassist Baby Cakes, cause hes a big old man child. LOL

You should start subliminally inserting Brain {censored}er elements into his daily life. Like, put an image of the Brain {censored}er at 1% opacity on his desktop, or leave near silent messages on his answering machine of the Brain {censored}er theme. Then just turn it up, little by little, until one day you just get some little brown dude in a Speedo to bust through the window and hump his cab.

• Members

sean watkins from nickel creek. very inspiring from a musical point of view. he gave off kind of a dick vibe on stage but i could be wrong. i gave him my band's cd. after the show he was busy talking to two hot girls and a guy to give anyone else the time of day. he wasn't as cool as i hoped.

• Members

Roine Stolt (The Flower Kings), Chris Duarte and Keith Roberts (Young Dubliners).

Roine = great player, writer, producer and human being

Chris = great player and human being

Keith = Awesome front man and cool guy

I've met Chris Duarte. Man, that guy can wail!

• Members
But some of the biggest impacts have been from "small time" musicians who really are just so {censored}ing good and don't get famous or huge tour buses but still are down to earth and nice and friendly.

Those are the ones who inspire me because I know they do it because they love it and the rest doesn't matter as much.

I love this comment. :thu:

• Members

But some of the biggest impacts have been from "small time" musicians who really are just so {censored}ing good and don't get famous or huge tour buses but still are down to earth and nice and friendly.

Those are the ones who inspire me because I know they do it because they love it and the rest doesn't matter as much.

Word.

I once very briefly met Ernest Ranglin (jazz/ska/reggae legend). He must have been 70-80 at the time.. but still jammin. I love seeing older people play... there's no retirement from passion!

Also... a co-worker of mine's grandma just started playing the drums and is forming a band!!!

This inspires the {censored} out of me. :)

• Members
How is Iggy, I've always wondered what he'd be like.

He was very polite and seemed like an all around nice guy. This was back in 1994 after a show and I could barely hear a word he said though. I shook his hand before remembering how many times he'd had it down his pants during the course of the show :)

• Members
He was very polite and seemed like an all around nice guy. This was back in 1994 after a show and I could barely hear a word he said though. I shook his hand before remembering how many times he'd had it down his pants during the course of the show
:)

Did you ever hear the Henry Rollins stand up talking about him trying to out rock Iggy Pop? Hilarious. I imagine what he says is very true, there's Jim, and there's Iggy. Sounds like you met Jim.

• Members

Among the many I have met and admired my fondest recollection is of Buster Bailey who was playing with Louis Armstrong at the time. Louie called the rest of the band off the stage and told us "Buster is gonna give you an acapella rendition of Memphis Blues. " Well, that sophisticated gentleman took his clarinet and made everyone's skin rise because we had witnessed greatness and genius...that was 20 years ago and the memory still lingers.

• Members

Richard Ashcroft and Nick McCabe - hung out with them backstage at their tour with the pumpkins in -93 -- beat them both in super mario pinball, nice guyes, i even let my gf kiss ashcroft.

steve shelley of SY - talked to him for a few minutes at Roskilde festival in -98. Nice and humble man

Stephen Malkmus - met him outside the LA2 venue in london before their show with mogwai.....nice dude

also chatted with bret anderson and bernard butler in -93.....they were kinda cocky

Biggest meeting was with Andy Bell both in 93 at a spiritualized gig and two years ago when his kids and mine were playing together at the playground. Hard to not get starstruck.

Archived