OT: Finally got a few mixes back from the studio...

BTBAM

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure how I feel about the bird or the outline on the snow one...but I really like the sun and the tree.

i like the outline. Gives it a bit of a looking out a window in winter vibe (or i'm crazy).

The bird looks a bit wonky, but i still like the idea.

• Members

I had seen the design, but couldn't figure out where they were or what they were called. Now that I got 100 cases in though, I'll just use these. The stumptown site says only $20 for 50....that is a deal.

My next ep is going to be an all black jewel case with different constellation designs on each one, unless I get those professionally printed (by angelhair that is :) )

• Members
The music sounds great and I think the packaging suits it perfectly. I can't wait to hear it finished.

As far as the snow, I think you should leave it as is. I like the minimalist aspect of it.
:thu:

Should I nix the border since it is the only one with it, or keep it?

• Members

Actually, I didn't even notice the border at first because of what it's set against.

I think it would look good either way. I like the border, but if you want them all to have a similar look then you could probably take it out.

• Members

Curious if you have experimented with drum sounds with your guitar? I'm not talking about the way acoustic guys do it, but using different techniques. I've been listening to a lot of Andrew Bird and it's been my goal to make my guitar sound like his violin. There's not a lot of guys to draw inspiration from, so what you do with live looping is something I have a lot of respect for. Especially since I am a noob in the world of live looping.

I liked the second song the most form what I heard. I like a lot of your tones in that song. What did you use in the apollo song to get that musicbox sound out of your guitar?

• Members

Curious if you have experimented with drum sounds with your guitar? I'm not talking about the way acoustic guys do it, but using different techniques. I've been listening to a lot of Andrew Bird and it's been my goal to make my guitar sound like his violin. There's not a lot of guys to draw inspiration from, so what you do with live looping is something I have a lot of respect for. Especially since I am a noob in the world of live looping.

I liked the second song the most form what I heard. I like a lot of your tones in that song. What did you use in the apollo song to get that musicbox sound out of your guitar?

Thanks for the kind words!

Yes, I feel a lot of acoustic guys are doing the percussion thing, and with positions of hitting and pickups, you can get some cool sounds. I however don't use acoustic, and I do drum on my guitar quite frequently. I think it has to do with how and where you mute, what pickups you are on, if you have any effects running, and your pickups you have in. For example, a gated reverb can make for a cool industrial sounding hit. Adding some reverb to a muted pick when used with some palm hits can make for a cymbal type of effect.

do you have a time or segment in apollo you are talking about specifically? Is it the beginning while the broadcast is going on, or later in the song?

• Members

I like the border, but if you want them all to have a similar look then you could probably take it out.

I think I might leave it as the only one with one, keeps them all from being the same.

• Members

So sorry man! I must have missed it when the thread kind of fell the first time.

I sat outside and recorded some rain, and that is what we used. I don't really like how loud it is, but if there is any less volume, it seems to just sound like white noise.

• Members

Thanks for the kind words!

Yes, I feel a lot of acoustic guys are doing the percussion thing, and with positions of hitting and pickups, you can get some cool sounds. I however don't use acoustic, and I do drum on my guitar quite frequently. I think it has to do with how and where you mute, what pickups you are on, if you have any effects running, and your pickups you have in. For example, a gated reverb can make for a cool industrial sounding hit. Adding some reverb to a muted pick when used with some palm hits can make for a cymbal type of effect.

do you have a time or segment in apollo you are talking about specifically? Is it the beginning while the broadcast is going on, or later in the song?

Towards the beginning specifically. The arpeggio that loops during the talking.

I use electric as well. I use a semi-hollow like an es-335. I run into those same limitations and I am trying my best to figure out how to add drums without using drum loops. I eventually want to have a drummer play with me. But I enjoy being alone and creating loops on the fly.

• Members

Towards the beginning specifically. The arpeggio that loops during the talking.

I use electric as well. I use a semi-hollow like an es-335. I run into those same limitations and I am trying my best to figure out how to add drums without using drum loops. I eventually want to have a drummer play with me. But I enjoy being alone and creating loops on the fly.

the beginning is a harp line, followed by a synth playing the lower lines. After the broadcast finishes, I then come in with a harmonizing guitar line.

I actually wrote those two parts separately, and when adding the intro (harp arpeggio) in to the existing song progression (the guitar arpeggio) I found they actually sounded pretty nice together.

• Members

So sorry man! I must have missed it when the thread kind of fell the first time.

I sat outside and recorded some rain, and that is what we used. I don't really like how loud it is, but if there is any less volume, it seems to just sound like white noise.

Lol...I was talking about the guitar tone.

Archived