BOSS ME-50 fans?

Meeh

• Members

did you guys check out the ME-70 getting released in Feb?

And as for the ME-50. Is it a good multifx? Im looking to get one, but i dont know if the Gt-10 is just TOO much. any thoughts would be great. thanks.

• Members

Yes I saw that. I'm thinking about picking one up too when they become available. Seems like they have gotten rid of all the stuff on the ME-50 I don't use anyway. Which is a good thing. It's hard to let go of my old ME-50 though. I'm afraid it may be an integral part of my sound and I hate to change anything.

• Members

The ME-50s are great little units. They pack in a lot of effects that sound decent without any amp modeling, and it's easy to tweak on the fly like real stomp boxes. The simplicity of use is the key seller on them for me. For the money they're a solid little board.

Some people like how they sound in their amps effects loop. The loop of my amp and the ME-50B didn't get along, it sounded best all in front of the amp. Test it in both locations and see what you like.

If you've got the money to blow though, the ultimate for this kind of things is now the M13 (for boards without amp modeling). You need to buy to expression pedals, but the wealth of effects, flexibility and ease of use on one of those things trumps just about anything else in that price range.

• Members

limited how?

Don't get me wrong, it was good sounding, but a few things I did not like was the short delay when switching between patches in the memory mode, if that was what it was called. I think there was a problem with recalling multiple patches at a time, but it's been a while. Also, in the manual mode, or whatever its called, everything was fantastic, but you couldnt keep the effects.

I don't know, it was just a hassle for live.

• Members

I disliked the me-50. It was decent for beginner-effects, but it couldn't do anything advanced. I found it to sound boring and digital after a while. I owned one for 4 years.

I think the me-50 was essential missing a preamp section and now that they've added one to the me-70 I think they'll have a more popular pedal; something to compete with the vox tonelab...

• Members

Our guitar player has one. It sounds great running straight into the amp. He does not use tons of effect, just the distortions, some chorus, and and at times a phase of flange. Always getting positive remarks on his sound. I am sure there are better units out there, but for the money it is a nice unit. Can't wait to hear the 70

• Members

Don't get me wrong, it was good sounding, but a few things I did not like was the short delay when switching between patches in the memory mode, if that was what it was called. I think there was a problem with recalling multiple patches at a time, but it's been a while. Also, in the manual mode, or whatever its called, everything was fantastic, but you couldnt keep the effects.

I don't know, it was just a hassle for live.

yeah i see what you mean. i only had the chance to play for a few minutes with it. imma see if i can d/l a manual online.

• Members

The ME-50s are great little units. They pack in a lot of effects that sound decent without any amp modeling, and it's easy to tweak on the fly like real stomp boxes. The simplicity of use is the key seller on them for me. For the money they're a solid little board.

Some people like how they sound in their amps effects loop. The loop of my amp and the ME-50B didn't get along, it sounded best all in front of the amp. Test it in both locations and see what you like.

If you've got the money to blow though, the ultimate for this kind of things is now the M13 (for boards without amp modeling). You need to buy to expression pedals, but the wealth of effects, flexibility and ease of use on one of those things trumps just about anything else in that price range.

hey how are those M13s? sound wise? what about using it live? i have the 300$ right now. i could always save the last 200$.

Archived