Nano Soul Preacher

companyman

• Members

I gots one... it's awesome.

I use it constantly on my clean & OD tones, but I use a dual looper to switch between EHX NSP > Boss SD-1, and my Fuzz Factory.

it adds so much punch and clarity to my playing. it's so smooth. I love it.

one of my favorites.

• Members

Melx has one. He'll pop in here and tell you about it.

I played one briefly at a store. I thought it was alright. I plan to pick one up eventually just so I have a compressor, but I hate buying utility pedals.

lol, I have one....i'm not really compressor person though either...I just know I like what it does, the other ones I've owned always seem to do that finger pickin' chicken percussive thing that I hate. The way I use it is just for smoothing out clean rhythm playing and it works really well for that "you don't know it's on until you turn it off' sound.

• Members

Do you have to switch it off for higher gain sounds, Melx? (that is if you play higher gain stuff)

I found that it doesn't sound too hot used with fuzz (tried with an EHX LBM and a ZV FF).

Companyman, you'll probably find that you'll need to open it up when you first get it and adjust the internal trim pot for input gain... mine was set quite high in the factory, so it was peaking and didn't sound too good. But when I lowered the input gain, man-o-man, did it sound ace as f*ck! YESH!!!

• Members

Do you have to switch it off for higher gain sounds, Melx? (that is if you play higher gain stuff)

I found that it doesn't sound too hot used with fuzz (tried with an EHX LBM and a ZV FF).

Companyman, you'll probably find that you'll need to open it up when you first get it and adjust the internal trim pot for input gain... mine was set quite high in the factory, so it was peaking and didn't sound too good. But when I lowered the input gain, man-o-man, did it sound ace as f*ck! YESH!!!

yeah, I don't usually use a compressor with fuzz/distortion, I usually set it up in a double loop switcher with a clean sound (soul preacher>LPB-1) and a dirty sound (rat, BMP or whatever) then flick between the two.....things are always changing though depending on what I want to do, I don't have a 'fixed' set up really.

yeah, I lowered my input gain too...unity volume was at 9 o'clock, what I did was set both knobs at 12 and adjust that position to unity, that's pretty much how I run it all the time.

• Members

Good to know man thanks ! . I play a Les Paul and it does have semi-high output 490r-498t pickups so that bit of info will be very helpful ! I have never got along with a compressor , even several Keelys , just never can get them to leave my pick attack alone and still sustain nicely ! Basically , I want to stop my bridge pickup from overloading my DMM when playing clean . Do you think this will work ?

Archived