Which of these distortions???

jkg

• Members

I'm looking for a new distortion pedal, I already have a Vintage Rat, but I'm looking for a pedal that can give me good sustain for solos. These are what I consider the best options in stores in my city:

Catalinbread Silver Kiss

Boss DS1 Keeley Ultra Mod

Maxon SD9 Sonic Distortion

Subdecay Blackstar

• Members

if you want long sustaining solos i'd pair up a big muff with your rat instead of those others.

Good idea. Stacking is probably the best way to get there, Rats stack very well with most pedals.

I briefly used a MXR Distortion + to get me there. It sustains into feedback surprisingly easily. I don't really like the new MXR version. Maybe there's a clone out there that's decent.

• Members

I gig regularly ( 3-5 nights a week) I haven't tried the silverkiss, but if you say it is more an OD than a Dist, it may not be what I want.

I'm looking for a Fat dist sound, with sustain as I said earlier, Gilmour/Lukather/Landau kind of sound, i know they don't sound alike but that's some sounds I go for.

thanks guys

• Members

I gig regularly ( 3-5 nights a week) I haven't tried the silverkiss, but if you say it is more an OD than a Dist, it may not be what I want.

I'm looking for a Fat dist sound, with sustain as I said earlier, Gilmour/Lukather/Landau kind of sound, i know they don't sound alike but that's some sounds I go for.

thanks guys

Yeah, the Silver Kiss will not do that. I would definately look at the Catalinbread SCOD. While it is a high gain overdrive and not a distortion, the thing is mean. It sustains and it is distinctive. I plan on owning one one day.

Archived