general q about channel switching

symeboy

• Members

Hey all,

I want to simplify how I control my effects board to avoid "tapdancing".

I own a mesa single recifier and often switch between the 2 channels. But for example, I often want to engage my overdrive unit at the same as I switch from channel 1 to channel 2.

Obviously the main signal goes from the overdrive unit to the he main input on the amp. The channel footswitch has a separate 1/4" input on the back of the amp.

Is there a set-up that will enable me to engage a pedal and switch the channel at the same time?

I have been reading how signal splitters like the boss ls-2 can split 1 signal into 2 (maybe one for my overdrive and one for the channel switch?) but Im not sure whether the output signal from that would do what I want and change the channel in the same way as a footswitch?

Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks in advance.:thu:

• Members

The LS-2 won't do it but you could do it with a slightly customised true bypass looper. Instead of using the third pole of the stomp switch to light up an LED, you can wire the contact up to the tip and sleeve of an additional mono jack, and take a cable from that to your channel switch input of the amp.

So when you stomp on the switch it will bring the overdrive in that's in the true bypass loop, and also make connection between tip and sleeve of the additional socket to change channels on your amp.

Alternatively you could use a 4PDT stomp and still have an LED

• Members

The LS-2 won't do it but you could do it with a slightly customised true bypass looper. Instead of using the third pole of the stomp switch to light up an LED, you can wire the contact up to the tip and sleeve of an additional mono jack, and take a cable from that to your channel switch input of the amp.

So when you stomp on the switch it will bring the overdrive in that's in the true bypass loop, and also make connection between tip and sleeve of the additional socket to change channels on your amp.

Alternatively you could use a 4PDT stomp and still have an LED

unless the amp's channel switcher uses a momentary switch.

but you could make a true bypass box as IvIark's suggestion but with 2 stomp switches; a DPDT one for the overdrive, and a momentary one for the channel change. if you put them close together you can hit both at the same time.

• Members

unless the amp's channel switcher uses a momentary switch.

but you could make a true bypass box as IvIark's suggestion but with 2 stomp switches; a DPDT one for the overdrive, and a momentary one for the channel change. if you put them close together you can hit both at the same time.

If it's anything like the Dual Rectifier and F50 then it'll use standard latching tip to ground.

• Members
Hey all,

I want to simplify how I control my effects board to avoid "tapdancing".

I own a mesa single recifier and often switch between the 2 channels. But for example, I often want to engage my overdrive unit at the same as I switch from channel 1 to channel 2.

Obviously the main signal goes from the overdrive unit to the he main input on the amp. The channel footswitch has a separate 1/4" input on the back of the amp.

Is there a set-up that will enable me to engage a pedal and switch the channel at the same time?

I have been reading how signal splitters like the boss ls-2 can split 1 signal into 2 (maybe one for my overdrive and one for the channel switch?) but Im not sure whether the output signal from that would do what I want and change the channel in the same way as a footswitch?

Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks in advance.
:thu:

PM sent

Archived