Official "Vox AC4/Night Train" Lounge

Bill Cosby

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

nah i doubt it.

I mean it has a tone knob, and selectable wattage, so i doubt it would be exactly like the epi valve. I'm sure vox put their signature stuff in it. ya dig?

I would bet my left nut it's a Champ amp with a EL84 (Epi Valve Jr.) and a tone control. Aka a tweed Princeton with an EL84 and a couple of mods. My friend just picked up basically the same thing, a brand new Epi Valve Jr. for a $100.

Vox could not put their signature stuff in there. The AC30 is a push pull class A/B amp for starters and this is a class A single end amp. Not to mention the way the AC30 is eq'd, the cab and the speaker (size too). Plus waaaaaaay more headroom out of a AC30 or even a AC15 for that matter. Don't convince yourself you're going to save a ton of money and be getting a mini AC30 out of this. You'll be getting a tweed Princeton with an EL84 in the output. Pretty cool in it's own right but far from being a mini AC15 or AC30 or vs. vs..

• Members

I might have to pick up one of these little beasts... maybe the combo.. :)

I just checked an online store and it said February 25, 2009... I'll have to consider what to get rid of for it... although, for $250, I'd be willing to just add another amp to my room :p

• Members

Does anyone know the release date for the AC4 or the Night train?

I guess just use this thread for finding out and distributing information.

lg_NT15H_front.jpg

I nearly got an AC15 before X-Mass to run in stereo with my BJr.

But i am going to wait for this little bugger and see how she sounds in my hand, with my SG, into a Marshall 1960 cab.

So far the Utoob clips sounds ok, for what it is.

• Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw9xW3SWqqM&feature=related

Not to be a troll or rain on anyone's parade (more a tough love thing) but... In the video you'll notice there's not a huge difference in volume perception between 1 and 4 watts with a flick of a switch. Also he seems to skip over demoing the 1/4 watt mode. Probably not that great sounding in 1/4 watt mode?
You will notice a big difference with the output capabilities of these Champ/Princeton amps having more volume/headroom plugging these into larger cabinets like a 2x12" or a 4x12". Sadly the only output you get with the Vox is a 16 ohm for matching up cabinets.
When was the last time you saw a cab wired up for 16 ohm? Running a 8 ohm cab into this is only going to give you more breakup. The point is have more volume/headroom not less. The Epi Valve Jr. has 4, 8, 16 ohm outputs. And from that video sound almost the same. :idk: I'll go back to Trollville, sorry about that.

• Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw9xW3SWqqM&feature=related

Hey, that is Garage Rock right there :thu:

That little Vox with a Dano '59, or 2xpu Gibbo MM :evil: :evil:

EDIT :

Just thought about it !

This little head into a custom made (by myself) cab with two Copperhead 10inch drivers would be a fantastic recording rig !

http://www.eminence.com/soundclips.asp - very top speaker

http://www.eminence.com/guitar_speaker_detail.asp?model=THECOPPERHEAD&speaker_size=10&SUB_CAT_ID=4

• Members

I would bet my left nut it's a Champ amp with a EL84 (Epi Valve Jr.) and a tone control. Aka a tweed Princeton with an EL84 and a couple of mods. My friend just picked up basically the same thing, a brand new Epi Valve Jr. for a $100.

Vox could not put their signature stuff in there. The AC30 is a push pull class A/B amp for starters and this is a class A single end amp. Not to mention the way the AC30 is eq'd, the cab and the speaker (size too). Plus waaaaaaay more headroom out of a AC30 or even a AC15 for that matter. Don't convince yourself you're going to save a ton of money and be getting a mini AC30 out of this. You'll be getting a tweed Princeton with an EL84 in the output. Pretty cool in it's own right but far from being a mini AC15 or AC30 or vs. vs..

In no way am i looking to get a Mini AC30, im just looking to get a small practice amp for college and a mini stereo rig going, maybe even for recording. I would be playing my strat/tele through it riding my volume knob for drive as needed. I just want some good British drive and to try out the vox line of amps. I've never even played a vox before.

• Members
In no way am i looking to get a Mini AC30, im just looking to get a small practice amp for college and a mini stereo rig going, maybe even for recording. I would be playing my strat/tele through it riding my volume knob for drive as needed. I just want some good American drive and to try out the Fender line of amps. I've never even played a Fender before.

Fix'd :p

• Members

haha wut?

All i've ever played is Fender amps.

Fender = American

Vox = British

correct?

This Vox and most are made in China (are all these days?). What I meant by that is with it most likely being a tweed Princeton (tweed Champ with a tone knob) it's basically just a modified Fender (Fender = American). Correct? ;)

Archived