Holy Sh*t! WMD Geiger Counter is amazing!

Blungo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Cool, paying money for a pedal that makes your guitar sound like a lawnmower.

Well, whatever turns you on

Yeah, there are some hard-to-use sounds on the geiger counter, but I have actually found it to be really versatile in terms of distortion sounds. Of the 100+ waveforms, I would say that maybe 33% are noise-swash type sounds, 33% is radical digital distortion and 33% are actually pretty normal distortion sounds (that can be tweaked to sound mangled if that is what you're after).

The remaining 1% of waveforms have been lost due to rounding errors.

But, much more than lawnmower sounds to be sure.:cool:

• Members
analog circuitry with digital waveshaping i think... or something... i know he's got the word analog in the description somewhere but i dunno how a box with a LED readout can be very analog
:p

...as said it has something creepy ;)

• Members
i love the sound of a lawnmower :phil:

This may be the pedal for you then BobbyD! Because it can do:

1. Riding Lawnmower (Hard edge, grinding sounds).
2. Conventional Gas Powered Push Mower (Basic distortions)
3. Old-Skool Manual Rotary Blade Push Mower (subtle, quiet, creeping distortions)
4. Full-size Harvester (offensive, loud, piercing).
5. Futurespace Lawnmower (laser sounds, clangs, bit deprivation)

The whole lawn maintenance gamut is there.
:thu:

• Members

Can it emulate a BeeBaa and/or misbiased fuzz + digital Bitcrusher combo? The hybrid design concept seemed intriguing when I recently did some research on this pedal, but the demo left me with the impression that it sounds more like a crazier Wolftone Chaos, Spencer Amps Subzombie, or ring modulator than a Frostwave Sonic Alienator or Alesis Bitrman.

• Members
This may be the pedal for you then BobbyD! Because it can do:

1. Riding Lawnmower (Hard edge, grinding sounds).

2. Conventional Gas Powered Push Mower (Basic distortions)

3. Old-Skool Manual Rotary Blade Push Mower (subtle, quiet, creeping distortions)

4. Full-size Harvester (offensive, loud, piercing).

5. Futurespace Lawnmower (laser sounds, clangs, bit deprivation)

The whole lawn maintenance gamut is there.

i love newarks, he'll have to let me borrow it as i do remixes for the "case of fail" project :poke:

• Members
analog circuitry with digital waveshaping i think... or something... i know he's got the word analog in the description somewhere but i dunno how a box with a LED readout can be very analog
:p

in the case of waveshapers like the WMD, it's "analog" in the sense that the signal is never converted to digital data like it would be in a digital delay, a looper, a modeler and others. the signal stays analog, but a digital controller modulates the signal in the same sense than a digital robot can "modulate" water by twisting an analog faucet on and off and on and off....

my waveshaper LFO works in the same way, but different type of shaping, and a much slower speed. digital processor generating a shape and "twists a faucet", but the signal stays analog.

• Members

sounds like a noise swash.....what sounds do u use it for blungo ?

I mostly use it for a clean just slightly bit crushed sound to get those beautiful chimey, bell like sounds, almost vocorderish with a trem.

Suprisingly, i really like some of it's fuzz sounds too. And of course when i want the worlds nastiest distortion, it's perfect.

• Members
i still love mine--its SO versatile... and if you haven't tried EXP control yet you gotta... set it to control sample rate, put the bit mask switch down, find a pitch you like and you've got an exp controlled laser beam at your feet to feed through effects at will

The expression control is great.
I'm going to hook it up to an LFO, that should be interesting.

• 2 months later...

Archived