OT: speak some damn German to me

ninjaaron

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ist mein englisch eigentlich auch manchmal komisch?

sometimes a tiny bit. but, since you've learned how to do mangled net-speak English, it's difficult to detect when you are making a mistake on purpose, and when it's because you're a non-native speaker. When you're not being silly, I'd say your vocabulary is excellent, and your grammar is almost always correct, though the word order is occasionally a little kommisch.

English grammar is just like simplified German. Except the adverbs... and the extended and very much in use auxiliary verb tenses. But Germans often know when to use English pronoun cases better than native speakers (just see if you ever see one of us say 'whom', not to mention a host of other difficulties we have with when to use 'I' and 'me' and the like. We need some Germans to teach us how).

• Members

Was heisst "osterkopf" auf Englisch? Es kann nicht "Easter Head" bedeutet. Mein bruder fragt mir "What does this sentence mean in english: 'Backt heute Osterkopf und liegt in der Sonne'", und ich kann sie nicht uebersetze. Es musst eine Redewendung ist, weil der Satz unsinnig (geradewegse uebersetzung) ist.

Koennen Sie mir helfen, Kayzer?

• Members

There's really no mystery to the long words, they're just combinations of other words. In English, you say train station, in German it's Bahnhof, not Bahn Hof. Those really long words can look complicated, but they're not very difficult to understand as long as you know the words they are made out of. It's the same thing with the Scandinavian languages.

• Members

There's really no mystery to the long words, they're just combinations of other words. In English, you say train station, in German it's Bahnhof, not Bahn Hof. Those really long words can look complicated, but they're not very difficult to understand as long as you know the words they are made out of. It's the same thing with the Scandinavian languages.

I know. As I said, I can see the words cleary. Itsjustasifyoumashedawholesentencetogetherwithoutspacesandabunchofconflictingletterswordsandsentencessyntaxesthatcometogetherandexpectedtoexcellentlyreaditright. You know? It boggles the mind a little to read a sentence in German that is nice and come across one of those buggers :wave:

• Members

er det rigtig? det vid jeg ikke.

Jeg virklig vil bes

• Members

Was heisst "osterkopf" auf Englisch? Es kann nicht "Easter Head" bedeutet. Mein bruder fragt mir "What does this sentence mean in english: 'Backt heute Osterkopf und liegt in der Sonne'", und ich kann sie nicht uebersetze. Es musst eine Redewendung ist, weil der Satz unsinnig (geradewegse uebersetzung) ist.

Koennen Sie mir helfen, Kayzer?

Ich habe das wort Osterkopf noch nie in meinem leben geh

• Members

sometimes a tiny bit. but, since you've learned how to do mangled net-speak English, it's difficult to detect when you are making a mistake on purpose, and when it's because you're a non-native speaker. When you're not being silly, I'd say your vocabulary is excellent, and your grammar is
almost
always correct, though the word order is occasionally a little kommisch.

English grammar is just like simplified German. Except the adverbs... and the extended and very much in use auxiliary verb tenses. But Germans often know when to use English pronoun cases better than native speakers (just see if you ever see one of us say 'whom', not to mention a host of other difficulties we have with when to use 'I' and 'me' and the like. We need some Germans to teach us how).

Danke, ich denke vieles davon habe ich auch diesem Forum zu verdanken und das ich gerne Zombie B

Archived