Question about the history of looping pedals

Tengo

• Members

The links above will explain everything better. From memory, after tape based systems (See Fripp) the EHX 16 second delay made an appearance in the early eighties, then it was pretty much the original Lexicon Jamman, then the MPX-2 which included it.

I think the dl4 came out in 2000. Same with the Headrush. Soon after Gibson came out with the echoplex/oberheim unit and after that we have the Digitech and the Bosses (And I bought my RC-2 from you, didn't I Tengo???)

• Members
The links above will explain everything better. From memory, after tape based systems (See Fripp) the EHX 16 second delay made an appearance in the early eighties, then it was pretty much the original Lexicon Jamman, then the MPX-2 which included it.

I think the dl4 came out in 2000. Same with the Headrush. Soon after Gibson came out with the echoplex/oberheim unit and after that we have the Digitech and the Bosses (And I bought my RC-2 from you, didn't I Tengo???)

Thanks, and yes, you did :)

• Members

yeah, DL4/headrush are super recent when it comes to looping. ehx 16-second is one of the first digital loopers I think, and then lots of delays had hold modes in the 80s which worked as nice littlel oopers. but before that, decades and decades of reel-to-reel!

• Members

this is AWESOME

'tis well known in the loop world were i thrive that the 'lespaulverizer' was a good bit of fakery or if you prefer production magic.

that box on his guitar ran to an ampex multitrack back stage to produce those so called 'loops'. looks cool tho'.

s

• Members

'tis well known in the loop world were i thrive that the 'lespaulverizer' was a good bit of fakery or if you prefer production magic.

that box on his guitar ran to an ampex multitrack back stage to produce those so called 'loops'. looks cool tho'.

s

I believe it. Watch his hands when he's supposedly starting and stopping the loops..

Archived