P90 for clean tones

petejt

• Members

What P90 do you recommend, for the middle position of my Les Paul copy? (ESP ltd ec-400)

I'd like to use it mainly for clean tones, and occasionally for gritty semi-dirt tones. But mostly for mixing with the neck pickup for clean tones with the 5-position toggle switch.

• Members

I have an EC400AT Goldtop, but it's just a 3 pos toggle... You have pics of your guitar?

I have a set of GFS Mean90s in my semi-hollow and I love them! I've thought about putting them in my LTD, but I modded my LTD so I can split the bridge HB into a single coil and the Mean90s don't split. But I'm really happy w/ those GFS pups. I had Gibby Classic 57s in the semi that were awesome too. So now I want another semi to put the Gibbys in.

• Members

I think I have one pic somewhere. When I find it I'll post it.

It's just that I love that '2nd position' sound you get on a Strat where the neck & middle single-coil pickups are mixed, for clean tones. But instead of just getting a single-coil or a humbucker, I'd like to try something different, and get some extra tones by having a dedicated middle pickup. I hope a P90 will fit between two humbuckers!

Archived