Subdecay Prometheus

Aaron SS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got one of the last old ones from Subdecay last week (thank you again Brian!). Sound-wise (and that's what matters) it's gorgeous and it's fun, and it's compact enough to do a lot in a small footprint.

Graphics-wise, I'm glad you guys are trying new things and receptive to feedback.

From my perspective I do prefer the original, simple typeface to the new 2-color graphics - the original logo has a 'star trek' feel to it that i like :) . It's just a matter of taste, and of course when you have a peanut gallery it can be really tough to achieve consensus around what a great logo design, etc. really is... but you need to follow your own opinions first and others' opinions second :) Subjecting your creative output to ad-hoc focus groups and internet market research can be painful :)

if I were the decider, I'd say your search for a rocking new design for the prometheus is not over. However, I'll remain an avid Subdecay customer.

• Members

Put it this way - while I do not like the new graphic, I still bought one. It's the sound that matters and everything I've heard demo-wise had me convinced that this pedal was something I'd use and enjoy to make music with. If I get it and find I cannot stand the graphics, I can repaint it or do something to cover it. The quality inside the pedal makes it worth it. Subdecay is one of those companies that when I first started looking at effects I was immediately impressed with and I'm glad I have one of their pedals on the way to my house. NPD very soon - woohoo!

• Members

this pedal sounds awesome.

BUT changing graphics to a pedal is really difficult. it really has to reflect many things:

-quality

-type of professioanlity behind it

-target people

I immediately got the flame and the myth behind the name.

To me the graphic designer failed all 3. But It's kind of out of place drawn that way. I do understand the need to look more hip (eventho i guess subdecay has no need for that) and I wouldnt be able to do anything better mysef with that little space and all those labels.

but this really kinda cheapens all the effort taken in this great pedal. it deos not look a classy/boutique pedal anymore... despite the fact graphics dont affect tone! It's just a marketing thing.

Just my 2 cents.

• Members

Sunday sale'd. I like the new graphic, but not more than I liked the old graphic. Don't care much.

Indeed-- just don't care that much. I think the new look is... er... not to my taste. But it's a paint job; the aspect of a pedal I care least about. I'll rock an unpainted junction box with the control names written in Sharpie if I like the sound of the effect.

Archived