PS-2/3

turnitto11

• Members

I don't know anything about the PS-2, but as a proud PS-3 owner I can say that whatever you've heard about how cool it is -- it's true.

It does a whole heap of stuff... from the glisteny ethereal goodness of mode 7 and the cleanascanbe Boss delays to the nice chorusing effects, pitch shifting and general craziness that it provides, the PS-3 does a lot -- and comes in a small package.

I mean, hype, generally speaking, happens for a reason. Maybe some of it is the rare/discontinued mystique that surrounds it, but the likelier case is that it's a damn fine pedal that can get you a load of cool/unique/interesting sounds that others can't.

The thing has been discontinued for what, 10 years? And people still want it -- there's a reason.

• Members

I don't know anything about the PS-2, but as a proud PS-3 owner I can say that whatever you've heard about how cool it is -- it's true.

It does a whole heap of stuff... from the glisteny ethereal goodness of mode 7 and the cleanascanbe Boss delays to the chorusing effects, pitch shifting and general craziness that it provides, the PS-3 does a lot.

Hype, generally speaking, happens for a reason. Maybe some of it is the rare/discontinued mystique that surrounds it, but the likelier case is that it's a damn fine pedal that can get you a load of cool/unique/interesting sounds.

The thing has been discontinued for what, 10 years? And people still want it -- there's a reason.

Uh ohhh... Sounds like someone is setting it up for the Spam Thread here shortly....

• Members

I dunno, the PS-3 does a lot of cool stuff that you're absolutely not going to get in another pedal (outside of the Boss RPS-10 half rack). But I definitely think it's overhyped, and usually overpriced.. I'd say somewhere around $150 is fair for what it does regardless of being rare or discontinued.. Not $250 like the retards on ebay are trying to get for em. Just my opinion...

• Members

I dunno, the PS-3 does a lot of cool stuff that you're absolutely not going to get in another pedal (outside of the Boss RPS-10 half rack). But I definitely think it's overhyped, and usually overpriced.. I'd say somewhere around $150 is fair for what it does regardless of being rare or discontinued.. Not $250 like the retards on ebay are trying to get for em. Just my opinion...

Well thats a given. I wouldn't pay over what I got my first one for ($130).

• Members

I see what you're saying, and I agree...... but I don't think many people actually pay $250 for them. I had mine shipped from China and paid $75 less than that. :idk:

• Members
I see what you're saying, and I agree...... but I don't think many people actually
pay
$250 for them. I had mine shipped from China and paid $75 less than that.
:idk:

Surprisingly (and sadly) enough, I have seen several people pay $250 for this pedal on ebay. I got my first one for $100, second one for $120, and the one I have now I traded a fulltone GT500 for.. I dunno.. The guitar effects pedal market is {censored}in crazy in general..

• Members

I know they're all about progression, but once in a while regression is cool too.

dig out the ps3 schematic, the dm2 schematic, the ce2 schematic, the dimension c schematic and all the other fan favorites and make a bunch of re-issues. god, what is consumerism if i can't have what i want on the cheap.

• Members

Man oh man... If someone could put a DD-7, and a PS-3 in the same box, with switchable built in tap tempo and built in expression pedal.. whew... I'd be happy as {censored}. For me, that would be the ULTIMATE pedal..

An effects loop on a Boss delay would be enough for me.

Archived