any pedals get close to the Fender Blender vibe?

• Members

I wouldn't say it sounds like a blender, but Devi Ever's fuzzes (early batch mainstream) were pretty much the bastards sons, or relatives, or however you wanna put it.

-cousin Billy bob.

The vintage fuzz master can do some fender blender stuff...not a clone or anything, but you can hear it on some settings.

I miss my VFM. I want it back :cry:

• Members

The vintage fuzz master can do some fender blender stuff...not a clone or anything, but you can hear it on some settings.

I miss my VFM. I want it back
:cry:

serious? what happened?

Hm...I used to stack mines with other disto pedals...ridiculously awesome results.

I'm bad though, I get so spoiled at my store coz they let me try EVERY PEDAL. Had I the GAS blues, I'd probably spill a couple of bones for a Godzilla (Big Cat pedal) or the BIT Mangler.

• Members

serious? what happened?

Hm...I used to stack mines with other disto pedals...ridiculously awesome results.

I'm bad though, I get so spoiled at my store coz they let me try EVERY PEDAL. Had I the GAS blues, I'd probably spill a couple of bones for a Godzilla (Big Cat pedal) or the BIT Mangler.

I traded it away for a BIT figuring one day I'd buy a dream mangler...but I'm trying to lay off buying fuzzes for a while :cry:

• Members

I'm thinking about taking my Blender off my board to make room for my Pitchfactor, but we'll see how long it takes me to start missing the Blender so that it gets back on my board.

Ok. You have to tell me - how are Bigsby'd Jaguar wobbles with the Blender into a delay?

INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW.

• Members

Two things I wish Fender would do when it comes to the Blender is:

1) Fix the annoying Volume drop in Non-Boost mode

2) Find the original !@#$%^ plans for the 3 knob version and bring that back!

Also, in addition to fixing the volume drop they might want to try making it so the volume boost when you turn on lead mode isn't so ear shatteringly loud. It's ridiculous how loud it is on that mode.

• Members

anyone know of any fuzz pedals that are similar to a Fender Blender? I like the Blender, but unfortunately its way to big to fit on my board.

If your amp's dirty channel(s) or distortion pedals that you have on hand can supply somewhat-saturated gain, something like a General Guitar Gadgets Ring Dinger or Ronsound Ring-O-Matic (Dan Armstrong Green Ringer clones) can emulate Fender Blender textures when cascaded into them. Both pedals are not much larger than an MXR Pase 90 or Blue Box.

This approach tends to work better with distortion pedals or amp gain. Fuzzes often react in an unpredictable way and can loose a massive amount of low end when placed after a Green Ringer-type pedal. I've owned the Blender Reissue (Custom) and eventually opted for Green Ringer Clone>Distortion to allow for a greater degree of flexibility (and more consistent volume at varying gain levels).

[EDIT:] Another option may be the MMFX Fender Bender, which is a Fender Blender clone that is about the same size as the aforementioned Green Ringer Clones ... though I don't see them very often.

Archived