So the new Lovepedal mini pedals sounds pretty good

• Members

Pickle Vibe ($119):

[YOUTUBE]TwNjZvKRWhc[/YOUTUBE]

Echo Baby ($199):

[YOUTUBE]IP1KNqvUeVc[/YOUTUBE]

Pretty cool that you can change the modulation speed on the delay by holding the footswitch down. They sound great IMO and are wicked pedalboard friendly, but I think the Echo Baby is a bit expensive at $199 since you can't adjust the repeats on the fly. Pickle Vibe seems reasonably priced.

• Members

Yeah, the PGS were posted. No harm done, though. I've owned the pickle for a couple weeks now; good sound, good enough to warrant the money, but I don't like the construction of the unit, personally.

Please elaborate.

• Members

I don't see the point of building a pedal where half the control knobs are on the inside just to make it smaller and cheaper.

This product line looks more like marketing and less like a useful, musical implementation.

• Members

I don't see the point of building a pedal where half the control knobs are on the inside just to make it smaller and cheaper.

This product line looks more like marketing and less like a useful, musical implementation.

I see it more as appealing to a niche market... those who worry a lot about pedalboard space. Personally, I want at least three knobs on any delay I use (time, repeats, mix). That said, I think they sound fantastic and would be useful to some players.

• Members

Please elaborate.

I'll just put the big ole' IMO disclaimer out there, as I've been jumped on about this before.

I dislike the pots Sean chose to use for his new pedals. They cost apprx 10 cents each, and from what I've read (not experienced), they have a much higher failure rate than the standard booteek alpha affair. While I do like the relay switching he uses, I'm still sketchy about the switches, and I dislike the jacks as well (on board). That said, it still sounds pretty good. A little on the bright side of vibes, but still decent.

Archived