Malekko Spring Chicken Reverb - Anyone disappointmented?

• Members

edit - Musickbox, are you loving that Rat as much as I did?
:(

Heck YEA! The Rat is exactly what I have been looking for. Thanks again.

As far as the noise issue goes, it might be my set up. I use Goodsell 17 amp and I use a PP2+ to power my pedals. The noise is a hiss not white noise or buzz. It only appears when the cluck is above 11 o clock. I just weighed the options of either getting a new set up or sell the pedal. I choose selling the pedal, although I did ended up trading/buying a much more expensive pedal. Anyways, I wish it didn't have the his because I really liked the sound of it.

• Members

to each his own. some will find a boutique digital reverb pedal a bit much, but i am enjoying mine. especially since my loved amp has no on-board reverb.

however..

EDIT: I have
NO
noise problem whatsoever.

there is definitely hiss when i use mine especially past 2 o'clock. i understand that noise is to be expected, but i am curious to hear clips (maybe) from folks like Scarlet et al who say they've no noise problem at all.

maybe my spring chicken's crazy?

• Members

there is definitely hiss when i use mine especially past 2 o'clock. i understand that noise is to be expected, but i am curious to hear clips (maybe) from folks like Scarlet
and others
who say they've no noise problem at all.

maybe my spring chicken's crazy?

Have you tried a different power supply???

I will do a clip when I get a chance. :thu:

• Members

Have you tried a different power supply???

I will do a clip when I get a chance.
:thu:

that'll be cool :thu:

mind you, the hiss is not much of a problem for me. it just means that i'm not likely to use settings past 2 o'clock. also, i haven't run it with the full band yet i.e. not tested at gig volumes yet.

right now i have it daisy-chained with a few other pedals, but it was hissing when i was running it with a fresh battery to start with as well. not hissing enough to leave it off my board, though :D

• Members

Here is a test I just did.

I play the simple same riff at different settings, and I just turn the spring chicken up in between.

Here are the settings:

minimal.

On the other hand Justin sent me a clip where the noise was a lot more noticeable???

It was recorded through a Shure SM58 equivalent mic in an acoustic treated room and played through a DRRI.

If I get time tomorrow I will test the SC with different power supplies, and in a pedal line and on it's own.

Conclusion, this pedal still rocks. :cool:

• Members

The hiss is mentioned in the manual...geez, doesnt anyone read the manual?!?!?!?!

seriously, if you have a "dark" amp, it wont be noticeable...maybe not at all.

The brighter your amp is the more you'll hear it...you can always turn the cluck down a bit too. As the manual says, it was pushed beyond what it is "supposed" to be..but we did it because we like the sound and a little hiss was worth it....if you dont, just turn the cluck knob down a bit

• Members

Really one of my favorite pedals right now. Did I already say that? Just have to echo what erksin & others have found - I'm actually PLAYING differently because of this pedal. I'm at the in-laws this weekend for some Mothers-Day family time & took along my recently aquired Spirit 10A and running today ASAT -> SC -> DE7 -> Spirit amp = just fantastic. I was playing Reggae and pretty stuff I've never even dabbled in. . .

• Members

The hiss is mentioned in the manual...geez, doesnt anyone read the manual?!?!?!?!

seriously, if you have a "dark" amp, it wont be noticeable...maybe not at all.

The brighter your amp is the more you'll hear it...you can always turn the cluck down a bit too. As the manual says, it was pushed beyond what it is "supposed" to be..but we did it because we like the sound and a little hiss was worth it....if you dont, just turn the cluck knob down a bit

I totally agree. I want a darker amp now. :facepalm:

Archived