Pink Floyd or the Beatles

• Members
Don't get me wrong, please.
:)

I love Dylan. Unfortunately I had the opportunity to see him play a few years ago. I was expecting a bit more than an amateurish performance. He more or less sucked. It was horrible. Like a zombie on stage playing keyboards and singing. Willie Nelson (who opened for Dylan) put him to shame using just a beat up old guitar and a mic.

Sucks to get old I guess.

The bottom line is the Beatles wrote sooooo many great songs before Dylan was an "influence" if you can even call it that. Dylan would never have a chance to catch up if he lived two lives. Thus insignificant.

Off topic: You have some pretty awesome songwriting/playing skills yourself. I checked out your stuff the other day and I loved it. If Dylan was more of an influence to you, I can't argue against your logic.

Rock on brother.

I understand what you are saying now... I definately agree... Plus, while Dylan could never sing incredibly, it is awful now... More like unidentifiable mumbling... and thank you very much.. All of the stuff on the interwebs is very old, but our first album is dropping in June w/ a year of touring to follow! And Dylan isnt really a huge influence of mine... Much more of a Neil Young follower... lol

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unfortunately I had the opportunity to see him play a few years ago. I was expecting a bit more than an amateurish performance.

I saw him with Willie too. I agree with 110%. He's still making good records, but Christ, I think he just needs to stop touring. Willie, OTOH, still puts on a great show, though his voice isn't what it used to be. The dude's ageless.

Archived