Box of Rock vs shredmaster

• Members

Easy to make shredmaster sound like a cranked Marshall, but then you realise it sounds kinda lo-fi in a way and you lose a great deal of clarity and dynamics. Harmonics were weak and the pedal as a whole sounded one dimensional. This was my experience using it with Fender HRD for about a year. Decent enough pedal, but not worth the price they go for.

Haven't tried BOR so can't comment.

• Members

Easy to make shredmaster sound like a cranked Marshall, but then you realise it sounds kinda lo-fi in a way and you lose a great deal of clarity and dynamics. Harmonics were weak and the pedal as a whole sounded one dimensional. This was my experience using it with Fender HRD for about a year. Decent enough pedal, but not worth the price they go for.

Haven't tried BOR so can't comment.

How much did you pay for it?

I paid no more than $80 I think.

• Members

i was going to suggest that too but he said he wanted to keep it b/w those 2.
:)

Oh allright, I missed that.

But still, unless you really really want that added boost after the overdrive, I don't see why you'd pay more for a BoR. And the Distortron is the BoR overdrive but with more options...

• Members

Oh allright, I missed that.

But still, unless you really really want that added boost after the overdrive, I don't see why you'd pay more for a BoR. And the Distortron is the BoR overdrive but with more options...

yep. ive owned both and currently have the distortron on my board.:)

Archived