IJMP : Awesome Distortion Content (Br00tz)

lfrz93

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You just, dont understand.................. that the sound ive always wanted on a stompbox

it is increidible if you saw me playing with that pedal

Well then, you're incredibly LUCKY.

You can get exactly the toanz you want from almost any highgain amp on the planet :p

:poke:

• Members
Well then, you're incredibly LUCKY.

You can get exactly the toanz you want from almost any highgain amp on the planet
:p

:poke:

Lol
Actually ive tried quite a few different amps in my life (Peavey XXX, Valveking, 5150, JSX, Krank Rev1, Krankenstein, Mesa Heartbreaker, Mesa Dual/Triple rectos, Line 6 (i hate them, i've had like 3 and they all suck, this only applies to the solidstates), Line 6 Spider Valve, some Bugera, Crate Blue Voodoo, Crate Stealth, Crate V50, Peavey Windsor, the list goes on)

and the only ones that have actually nailed the tone i like were the Krank Rev1, Mesa triple, and the krankenstein

• Members

The 5150 and dual rec's I played in showrooms had chunky rhythm but THIN lead sounds. We just opened for Alestorm and they had a backline of Krank halfstacks and those were the jizz..

On the Albums (CMR and BSAM) I used a combination of 5150 and Recto though. the EP was a combination of Krank and Recto.

• Members
Cute avatar! Who is she?

What's mid-range to you?

well first off thanks for the rec on the Soldano! I really liked Bobby D's old Soldano combo so we're off on the right foot already... i guess mid-range would be like 1k-2.5k ie not total budget but not stupid boutique either

and i probably wouldn't be doing this any time soon, just kinda planning for the future. I've got all the cleans I need in my BFSR... so a gainy head & cab would be great.

as for the avatar... its Annie Clark, AKA St. Vincent! Yet another artist you should DEFINITELY check out. She's amazing. Saw her open for Arcade Fire a couple years ago and have been in love ever since. Her 2nd album just dropped and its unreal. Like a female Andrew Bird or something along those lines. Amazing voice, amazing songwriter, amazing compositions. Think of more words and put amazing in front of them, and you've got St. Vincent :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/stvincent

• Members

^Sorry, that was me talking with Napalm Records producer metalaxe about when my band opened for Alestorm recently (awesome band) and they were using Kranks....such a small world that he was reading this thread!

BTW metalaxe, the newer stuff we're writing is less progressive/Maidenish and much more early thrash like Slayer/early Anthrax/Metallica--clear, rather than gutteral, vocals and all.

• Members

^My guitarist uses a Digitech rack for distortion (of all things!), into the fx return of his Marshall JCM800 head for a bit of output-tube distortion. But he doesn't like the compressed sound of the output tubes when cranked, so he runs a mic into a 400w Peavey PA. His harmonic and finger technique is so good though he can even make a Behringer practice amp sound brutal. :rolleyes:

BTW got the check-out for the rest of those MYSTIC FX pedal parts! You should get 'em Wed the 17th.

• Members

well first off thanks for the rec on the Soldano! I really liked Bobby D's old Soldano combo so we're off on the right foot already... i guess mid-range would be like 1k-2.5k ie not total budget but not stupid boutique either

and i probably wouldn't be doing this any time soon, just kinda planning for the future...

I'll check her out!

AND Weber has a SLO clone kit for $650.

Just sayin.

• Members

wow, cool, thanks for the feedback.

would love to listen to the whole song, got a link?

Still doing vocals!!!

Sinus infection going on two months :mad:

Seems to be clearing up now thought.

After my wife, you'll be the first person to hear the finished mix! :thu:

Archived