If you run a Guitar effects pedal through a bass rig, will it damage the pedal?

Tawlks

• Members

Yesterday, I probalby foolishly tried out using a Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion through a bass and bass amp. do you think there's a risk of damaging it? When i tried playing it today through my normal guitar rig it sounded a little different, i changed the settings for gain and bottom end when i put it through the bass and havnt put it back to normal yet so that might be why.

• Members

oh right, thanks :) That's what i thought, seeing as pedals only process the signal i didn't see a way of them getting damaged, I was just a bit worried.

So i'm assuming it's fine to use a Boss Mega Distortion for bass regularly? Ot atleast till i get an EMA and buy a bass overdrive (probably not a boss though)

• Members

Yeah, it will be fine to use it for bass regularly.

If you're after a cheap bass OD I'd suggest trying out a digitech bad monkey - great mild grit with very little low-end loss, or for more of a fuzz tone the EHX bass big muff is a good choice.

Steve

• Members

DON'T DO IT!

It totally throws off the ph balance of the pedal, infusing its electrons with sub-atomic particles that reverse the polarity and cause an influx of negative ions to the output thereby resulting in massive tone impurities! Yor toanz R N danger!

:lol:

j/k

• Members

no pedal damage but your bass speaker might take a beatin start out with a low volume on the pedal and work up to a comfortable level without too much drive on the speaker.

Bass speakers can generally take a lot more abuse than guitar speakers. There is no reason to do this.

Archived